Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Owl Natural Soaps Review!

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Owl Natural Soaps for the review free of charge.**
During my time as a blogger I've seen some pretty neat and interesting products so you'd think I would seen almost everything by now yet I am still amazed at the unique and crafty products I find across the internet. I don't generally buy bar soap but I couldn't help but want one for my bathroom when I spotted the works of art Owl Natural Soaps creates. Owl Natural Soaps is a delightful Etsy shop that creates and sells handcrafted artisan soaps. For my review I received a Unicorns and Rainbows bar of soap, shop owner Sorina also included three sample soaps. It is mind blowing the amount of work that goes into each bar of soap, I've seen neat swirl soaps before but this completely beats what I've seen. Each bar of soap cost $6.50-$8 per bar, I know some might think that is a hefty price tag for soap but a lot of time, dedication and love go into each bar to turn it into a true work of art and I think they are completely worth the cost.


 


























Unicorns and Rainbows features a rainbow, clouds, a flower and a unicorn mane/horn! That is several layers that go into each bar of soap, some of which aren't simply poured on because they are hand crafted and placed onto the soap during the molding process. Each bar of soap weighs 6oz and measures 4.5x2.75x1 inches so it is a pretty hefty bar of soap.

When my package first arrived it was hard to pick out individual scents because all of the soap scents mixed together so I separated the sample soaps from the bar and waited twenty four hours before checking them out. After placing separating them I was able to get a feel for how each one smelled. None of the scents are overwhelming yet are strong enough to stay on your hands for a short time after washing so you can enjoy the smell of the soap every time your hands are near your face.


Unicorns And Rainbows: The website description states this is scented with citrus, apple, berries and apricots sprinkled with shaved coconut. The scents mixed make quite an interesting combination, it smells sweet, fruity and floral all together it has a seductive charm to it. I personally think this smells like a freshly opened package of that fruity kids gum that features a zebra on the packaging, it was a scent I loved as a child and still love today. My fiance says it has a light blueberry scent to it and that it smells clean, he also mentioned this was a product he would want to use as well. This bar of soap was our daughters favorite out of the four soaps we received.

                

Peppermint Swirl: This smells just like peppermint candy canes at Christmas time, it would be a perfect addition to the bathroom during the holidays.

Pumpkin Patch: This scent was my fiance and our sons favorite. My fiance noted that to him it smells like spice and coco butter, I agree about the spice scent it is not overpowering though. I think this a great soap for guys, it has almost a musk smell to it that is pleasant to catch whiffs of.

Mermaid Lagoon: The Unicorns and Rainbows and this soap are tied for my favorite. I love the color blue so I might be a little biased because of it but it really does smell fantastic. It has almost a woodsy smell to it because it is a bit musky with hints of a sweet floral touch giving it a romantic aromatic smell. I actually put this one in my kitchen because that is where I wash my hands the most through out the day and I love smelling the scent lingering on my hands afterwards.

The lather from the soap is slightly foamy and creamy you do not need to use a lot of this soap in order for it to cover both hands, a turn or two of the soap in your hand and you are set. The formula used also doesn't leave the bar a goopy mess after using it several times, it does leave a little bit of a ring behind like all soaps do if it isn't dried properly so if you do not already own one I suggest getting a soap dish to help preserve the life of your soap and keep your counters clean. My hands get pretty dry during the summer and can tend to get small cracks along the top of my hand, some soaps cause irritation to those areas so I was happy to find this soap actually helps it feel more moisturized and doesn't leave my skin feeling dried out.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

<3 The bathbombs and constellation soap on her page are so pretty.

Gwendolyn Jordan said...

They are so sweet

Tab said...

How cute!

Unknown said...

wow I didn't know you could do that with soap