Saturday, August 12, 2017

Busy Beauty Review!

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Busy Beauty for the review free of charge.****


It is always a bummer to realize that in the rush of things you forgot to shave a big patch of hair on your leg, or you realize you forgot to pack shaving cream for the trip you are on. A brand called Busy-Beauty has designed a showerless shave-gel for the busy gal on the go! They sell 3.4flz bottles at $9.97 each and the brand packaging is quite delightful with it's retro inspired appearance.




This bottle is the perfect size to add into my To-go bag along with a travel sized razor. It is a clear thick gel that comes out in pumps, to use you simply need to apply some of the gel to your skin, shave and then rub in the extra gel as a post shave moisturizer. One pump of the gel will cover a decent amount of skin, I'd say it would cover a 4"x4" patch.


The gel has a light mint smell to it which almost reminds me of toothpaste but not in an unpleasant way. The bottle says "Hair will collect in the back of razor for disposal when you're ready" I can see two small issues with this though. 1.) Depending on the size of razor you use it might not have a large backing where hair can collect, if you buy one of those cheap two blade razors there isn't anywhere for the hair to go aside from back onto your legs. 2.) If you are extra hairy again you might run into issues with your razor actually catching the hairs which could lead to needing water or a wipe to rinse off the excess hair. I tested this on a patch of my arm using the razor you see above, for me it worked wonderfully and it left the skin feeling smooth and refreshed.

This product is paraben free, cruelty free, vegan, has natural essential oils, is good for sensitive skin and it comes in a TSA approved size. I am personally unsure if I will be bringing this with me on my travels as I don't travel often but I love how moisturized my skin feels after using this so I may include this as a regular product during my shaving routine as a post shave product because it smells good and feels great.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

This seems like an interesting and useful product in a pinch

Unknown said...

I miss patches of hair on my legs all the time this would come in handy to keep in my car or office drawer.

Unknown said...

Interesting find.

Kayley said...

What a cool idea! I love that the product is vegan.

lyndseyluvsjj said...

I am the worst at shaving my legs. I miss spots all the time.

Laurie P said...

I wonder if I could locate this product locally....

LesleyfromWI said...

I would love to try this product. Will have to look into it