Monday, December 12, 2016

Whittle Shortline Railroad Review!

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Whittle Shortline Railroad for the review free of charge.****

Do you have a train lover on your holiday shopping list this year? I know I do, I have a three year old little boy who loves hands on toys like cars and tractors so when I was offered the chance to review a train set from Whittle Shortline Railroad I said yes right away because I knew my son would love the wooden trains sold by them.Whittle Shortline Railroad is a family ran company and they have been around for twenty years, the company originally started in their garage and now they sell their trains worldwide.



For my review I selected the Mixed Burlington Northern set which includes a Burlington Northern Engine, a Burlington Northern Caboose and three freight cars chosen by the Whittle Shortline Railroad. I really enjoyed the set that was sent to us because each piece is well made, and is bright in color which makes the set extra fun. The wheels move around smoothly so you can get this little train set to go pretty fast depending on how you have your track set up.All the trains and train cars are handmade and painted with child friendly paints.


     
The cars are magnetic so you won't have to worry about any little plastic hooks needing clasped together you simply need to move them near each other and they will connect and the connection is pretty sturdy. Each car is well made and has a smooth finish, looking these over I could not see anything I would want to change or anything that was out of place. This set cost $69.95, it shipped rather quickly and was packaged well that combined with the sturdiness and the long lasting durability of this set I do think it is a good price, normally it would be a little more than I would want to spend on a train set however since these are made from wood they can take more than a plastic train set would and therefore will last a lot longer so the extra price is well worth it. These trains are also compatible with Thomas, Chuggington  sets and Brio sets. 

2 comments:

Maryann D. said...

My young nephew loves trains and cars. He would really enjoy this. I do like the colors and that they are magnetic.
twinkle at optonline dot net

Unknown said...

Wooden toys are my favorite and these are very nice looking! The magnets are a nice touch since I can remember old style train cars coming apart so frequently during turns.
Elle Tucker