Thursday, December 10, 2015

ThinkFun Review!


****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. The products mentioned below have been provided by ThinkFun for the review free of charge.****


With Christmas coming up everyone is looking for fun and entertaining gifts their children will enjoy and I have a gift that fits all of those needs! I recently received a game called Lazer Maze Jr. by ThinkFun which is sold for $29.99 it is available through their website or on Amazon. Laser Maze Jr. requires you to use mirrors, beam-splitters, a little science and brainpower to direct the laser through a series of mind-challenging mazes and light up the target shaped like a rocket.

 

The box says ages 5 & up but my two year old also did perfectly fine with this game, and had a blast playing it with his sister, father and I. The game offers 40 Challenges from Easy to Super Hard, each card is slid into a slot on the game board and it shows you where to place the boulders, and rockets it also tells you what you need to complete that level. Some challenges only require one rocket and two mirrors, others you may need both rockets or a rocket, three mirrors and a boulder which makes the game more exciting since you have to think of ways to arrange the items to make the lazer turn on the rocket. The game comes with 11 Game Tokens (2 Rocket Targets, 3 Space Rock Blockers, 5 Satellite Mirrors and 1 Beam Splitter).

 

My daughter is six years old and adores this game because it really makes her stop and think about how she needs to place the mirrors and beam splitter, once she gets it figured out she gets so excited to see the rocket light up. This may be Lazer Maze Jr. but the Super Hard cards can be quite a challenge, even my fiancĂ© and I have had to stop and think about where things will go and try moving things around a few times before we are able to get them, so it has been fun for the whole family. Lazer Maze Jr. along with their other fantastic games such as Compose yourself and Code Master would make wonderful Christmas & Birthday gifts and best of all they are all affordable. Head over to their website to see what other games they have that might interest you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks like something my son would enjoy, thank you for sharing this company with me.

SuzyBee said...

This game is on our Amazon wishlist for the kids, maybe Santa will be bringing one? It looks like great fun, I love games that make them think.

Unknown said...

Fun game, I remember doing something similar to this when I was in middle school.