Thursday, December 7, 2023

Escape Mail Episode 1 Review!

 

If you enjoy solving mysteries & completing puzzles then Escape Mail may be just the thing you are looking for. Escape Mail is a fun escape room in an envelope! Season one of the series currently has twelve different envelopes to complete, you can buy them one at a time or subscribe to them all at once. They are $14.75 per episode or you can bundle and buy them at once for $12.50 each. If you aren't a big mystery solver yourself, but know someone who is, I think this would make a wonderful holiday gift. 


I received episode one to complete with my family & we had a good time trying to solve everything in this episode. Each episode will take you one to two hours to complete & can be played with one to four players ages ten and older. You'll have everything you need in the envelope aside from one or two things that you should have around your house. We needed to grab a pair of scissors, a roll of tape & our cell phone in order to get started on solving clues. I like that they had a little card that included a play list with songs that went with this episode, it was nice to have in the background. 


There will be a QR code to scan which will bring up a short introduction video on their website. This video will go over the basics of what you will need (the items mentioned above) & give you a small clue of where to start your adventure. If you ever get stuck & need a small hint there is another QR code which will allow you to take a small peek at any spot you feel like you can't get past. However you may not need that QR code depending on your detective skills. 

We have done escape room boxes in the past that were kind of meh, they lead to a little bickering and seemed to just drag along. That wasn't the case with Escape Mail, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit & everything seemed to move along at a steady pace. Some of the clues took a little bit to figure out however we eventually managed to combine our ideas & thoughts and figure out the clues. The only thing that bugged us slightly was that the all the S's on one of the papers all looked like plus signs which threw us off a little when it came to that particular part of the game. I think this episode was set up wonderfully, I liked the different assortment of puzzles types. It was fun brainstorming with my family to work on one puzzle to lead us to the next clue. I also like that this doesn't have to be completely at home, you can take it with on a trip to complete in your hotel in your down time or even have a picnic at the park on a nice day while completing these puzzles. 

I want to provide you with a more in-depth details about some of the fun activities in this game, but I also do not want to give away any game clues. We had a great time solving this first mission & we are excited and want to know what happens next. If you are a little impatient & do not want to wait for a monthly envelope to arrive you can purchase one of the bundles that sends all of them at once. 

✉ Does this sound like a Mystery Escape you'd enjoy subscribing to? What stands out to you the most about this subscription?

Disclaimer- Escape Mail provided Episode one for this review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

19 comments:

Beth said...

This is such a fun take on the escape room idea! I love that it's something we can take with us, as well.

Seadbeady said...

I had never heard of this, but it seems like a unique gift for mystery enthusiasts and a fun experience!

Brandy Ellen said...

This looks like an interesting and fun time. I love the idea of doing something fun like this. I am not sure that one thing stands out to me, but I'd try it.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

This sounds like a fun concept. As a family, I am sure this is something that we would enjoy doing.

Lavanda Michelle said...

My family personally loves escape rooms!! We'll have to try this out!

Chad said...

I love love love mystery games, they're so engaging and I find them very interesting. I will get this one for sure. Thank you so much.

Tammy said...

Oh my!! A take on escape rooms. I love this idea. Checking it out more.

Sue-Tanya said...

Received episode one and had a blast cracking the codes with the family. Love that each episode takes just one to two hours – perfect for a family game night. The added touch of a playlist is brilliant, creating a fun atmosphere while solving clues. Already looking forward to the next one!

Tammy said...

I've never played Escape Room but sounds like a very unique twist on the game! Fun for fans definitely! Really love this concept :D

Celebrate Woman said...

This is a really cool way to do the games with family and friends. And it is a fresh take on the board game. Awesome gift.

Nikki Wayne said...

This is a nice insight about an escape room, thank you for sharing!

Hari writes said...

Haven't heard about this before, but it'd be a wonderful gift for mystery lovers! It looks interesting and engaging as well!

Sue-Tanya said...

This Escape Mail idea is brilliant! A perfect blend of mystery and fun. Great gift suggestion!

Yeah Lifestyle said...

This sounds like such a fun concept, as a family it is something I think we would really enjoy!

Lisa said...

This looks like something my whole family would enjoy. I like the mystery element and would have fun solving the puzzles together.

rhian westbury said...

I've done some at home escape rooms before, but this seems so interactive. I love the playlist you can have on while you do the puzzles x

Marysa said...

My daughter and I did a teen mystery box, and I would love to try this escape room box. Sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to get everyone off their electronics.

Chad said...

This is so so cool!!! I love how interactive the game is, it is perfect....I am 100% sold...

Lavanda Michelle said...

The idea of having a fun escape room adventure at home is super intriguing, especially with family.