Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Having a dig with Excavating Adventures!

 

My son always enjoys doing dig kits whether they have fossils, rocks, toys or something else he loves getting his hands dirty and finding a surprise inside. When I found Excavating Adventures, I knew it was a brand my son was going to love and I was right! They have a monthly subscription where you can dig through a small kit and figure out which rocks you've just added to your collection. Kits are $19.99 a month, however the monthly cost lowers if you subscribe for six or twelve months at a time, and they are also offering a limited time offer of $10 off your first month's box using code Hello10. 

We were gifted a one-month subscription to check out for ourselves to write about here on my blog. When the box first arrived, we weren't entirely sure how many rocks would be in the kit as the actual "dig" portion of it is in a small tin container. That container packs a big punch though and had a surprising amount of small and medium sized stones to collect.

The kit can with some baggies, little glue dots, a glass bottle, and a small empty box with some stuffing so you could select which way you'd like to store or display the stones and gems you received in the pack. My son went with the small white box for the larger stones and the little glass jar for everything that was small and we didn't want to lose. 

Also included are collectable trading cards, a small hammer, some stickers and even a small surprise! We received a cute pink frog as our surprise. Everything was packaged nicely and arrived in one piece. My son had a great time digging out a hole in the center of the dig piece and then working his way our towards the outside. Kits like this can be a little messy so I always advise to do them outside.

Along with a monthly subscription box they also have a ton of different options on their website available for purchase that isn't a monthly box, I'd personally love to have one of their seashell themed dig kit.

Disclaimer- Excavating Adventures Adventures provided a box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

3 comments:

tiffany dayton said...

That is neat.

Sandra D. said...

That looks like fun.

Melissa Greene said...

This looks like a subscription my kids would enjoy.