Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Kapa Nui Nails - Nail Polish Review!

 


When I am at work I am constantly using my hands, I am always moving around large equipment, opening boxes, moving supplies and more not including the amount of cleaning that I do at home. Because of how much I use my hands I usually don't pain my finger nails, it drives me slightly nuts paining them just to have a bunch of the polish chip off in a day or two. I recently found out about a company called Kapa Nui Nails, who create a gel based polish with natural ingredients that won't ruin your nails. I received the opportunity to work with them on a review to test out the products for myself and see how they hold up. 

 For my review I received a starter kit along with two single polishes. I like the small draw sting bag the starter set arrived in, it is cute enough that it can be reused and made well enough I feel like it will last for quite some time. Inside of the starter kit you'll receive; 1 bottle of nail polish (your choice of color), 1 bottle of base/top coat, 1 bottle of polish remover along with several remover pads and cuticle sticks. The starter set can be purchased for $35 and single polishes go for $10.50. 

In order to achieve the best results with their nail polish you will want to get a bottle of the base/top coat as well. They are specifically formulated to work together as a bonding agent to allow the gel polish to dry and harden. You will want to apply one layer of the base coat, allow it to dry for sixty seconds using a hair dryer on low (or in my case I used a nail dryer) then you'll apply a polish coat, let dry and add a top coat. I didn't need a second coat of any of the colors, they came out just like they look in the bottle and didn't come out streaky. 


I received the colors New Moon, Inana and Molokini Mermaid. It was hard selecting which color I wanted because there are so many beautiful shades to select from. One of my favorite things about this polish is that it doesn't stink like traditional nail polish, my husband hates it when I paint my nails when he is home because the smell irritates his nose, with this brand he was in the room with me and didn't say anything negative about it. 


I really like the amount of sparkle the Molokini Marmaid has, it really reflects the light and looks like a ocean wave in the summertime sun. Inana is a nice wine red, and New Moon is black of course. The polish dried quickly, which is extra nice because as a mom you never know when one of your kids might ask you to do something before your nails are able to dry properly, thus smearing your polish. 

So how did the polish stand up? The day after I did my nails, my pointer finger suffered a tragic accident. I went to do the laundry and hit the basket just right that my nail broke off, thankfully even though it broke the top half off the rest of my polish still looked complete. It has been a week since I've done them, my left hand has a little chipping but not a lot, my right hand has a bit more though they still look nice. 

Their products are certified vegan and cruelty free, they are also non-toxic and eco-friendly. All of their products are made with you in mind, they use only ingredients that are not considered harmful to people. They have an entire page on their website telling you about their process and it is packed full of information. I like that their polish remover pads are re-usable, they simply need to be washed after you are done using them, that is a big bonus and helps keep additional waste out of the landfills. Along with the products mentioned above they also sell other nail care products which can be found on their website.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Kapa Nui Nails for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

23 comments:

Terry Poage said...

A lot of pretty colors.

Meg Stewart said...

A polish that doesn’t stink will win my heart! I love the colors too

DESTINY said...

I love all of these colors. I think they're all suitable for me.

Monidipa said...

I love black. Have not heard of the brand but they look good!

bye:myself said...

This looks so pretty! I particularly like the wooden tops and the little bag. Would look great in my bathroom ;-)

Kenneth said...

dont knw anything aout nail polish..but will tell about it to my wife and daughter let see what they gonna say about it

Catherine Kaa said...

I would love the gel base. My nail polish comes out the moment I wash my pant. It sucks.

Our Redonkulous Life said...

These are so cute. I love the mermaid color. I would definitely wear all of these colors.

Rochelle said...

Never heard of this brand but these colors are really nice

Unknown said...

I love this color scheme. I hadn't ever thought to combine them, but then again i'm way off trend as of lately lol unless pajamas count

Jasmeet Singh said...

I will be sharing this with my sister. She's into nail art and related products. Colors look amazing

Bri said...

Love how vibrant the colors are! And what a cool looking bottle!

Ana said...

These colors are amazing. I love the mermaid.

Cristina said...

Beautiful colours! I like that they are made of natural ingredients, not the toxic stuff most nail polishes are made of.

Kimmy said...

I love these colors!

aisasami said...

Wow, this LOOKS super amazing! I would love to try it. Do they ship international?

danielle_ridgway said...

I’ve never heard of this brand, but the polish looks gorgeous. Just the perfect amount of glitter!

Sacha said...

Wow these look fab love the colors especially the blue!

Marysa said...

I love these colors! And this sounds like a wonderful brand. I have never tried these before.

Unknown said...

These sound like great products. I am not one to do my nails much but I will definitely recommend to others.

Melissa Greene said...

I really love that blue color, the sparkles are gorgeous.

elseykfenn said...

Love that sparkly teal!

Jessica Radford said...

All three of those colors look gorgeous.