Friday, November 20, 2020

October/November Creepy Crate Review!


It's Spooky & It's Creepy, It's the Creepy Crate! If you love the darker side of things, Creepy Crate is a bi-monthly subscription box that brings you products based off of Horror Movies, True Crimes and more. Every box comes with at least one book along with several fun products for you to use. I've received two of their boxes in the past and was pleasantly surprised when I got a email letting me know I was getting another box, I was so excited. 

When my box arrived I was a little nervous at first because it sounded like there was broken glass inside, however upon opening the box I found everything in perfect condition. The noise was two shot glasses bumping into each other in the box. The October/November crate came with eight different items, nine if you count the shot glasses as two. So what was in the box?


Up first was a lovely light peach scarf with spiders and webs printed on it. The scarf is a little sheer, but very soft and light weight, it is also a decent length so it can be used for a number of purposes. It is a pretty cute scarf, although I don't see myself wearing it much this year because it is still kind of hot here in Arizona so I may use this for something else instead. 

Under the scarf I found a package of 3D bats, I actually have two packages of this already and have several on my wall so I know this is a top notch product. They look fantastic when hung up and they are quite sturdy so they will be there until you take them down. 

The noise I mentioned before that sounded like broken glass was a set of shot glasses that had been bumping up against one another. Both glasses are Bloody Mary themed, one has her shown as a regular dolled up shy girl and the other shows her wild bloodthirsty side. I love how both of these look, but I wish they didn't had a giant sticker on them since the residue stickers leave behind can be a pain to clean. 

This crates physical book is "We keep the dead close" by Becky Cooper, it is based off of a real cold case. I hadn't heard of this case prior to receiving this book, looking into it the case seems like a crazy and mysterious one that is sure to make you not want to put the book down until you read everything the book has to offer. 

It also came with a digital copy of "Incubus" by Ann Arensburg. The description the item sheet gives is "New England horror and Halloween just go hand-in-hand. . . and this modern-day folk horror novel will remind you why. When inexpicable evil descends on Dry Falls, Maine, neighbors become enemies and the world slowly turns against the insular northern town." Both sound like they will be thrilling to read, I can't wait to dive into them. 


Isn't this sun catcher stunning? It features none other than the Mistress of the dark herself, Elvira can be hung in your window as a sun catcher or you can add her to your Christmas tree. It comes with a small suction cup and a ornament string. It is light weight but pretty hefty, the material seems like it will be long lasting and durable. 


What are the holidays without cookies? My kids and I like baking cookies during Halloween and during Christmas so this skeleton cookie cutter is perfect, it can be used to make sugar cookies or gingerbread cookies. I can't wait to make skeleton themed gingerbread cookies, some red and green glitter will help tie Christmas in with Halloween. 


I generally like all of the items that are included in the crate, but my favorite item that I enjoy finding in the crates are new pins! The October/November crate included a glow in the dark pumpkin pin, I was very excited when I spotted it. I need to get a corkboard to hang all of my pins on so I can show off my slowly growing collection, I used to keep them on my purse but the backs keep falling off and I don't want to lose any of them. 


All together I am pretty happy with everything that was in this crate and everything will get used in one way or another. You can purchase a three box subscription for $120 or a six box subscription for $240 (single boxes are $40).

Disclaimer- Creepy Crate provided a box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

27 comments:

Stephanie LaPlante said...

These boxes look awesome. The spiders would creep me out though. hehe

Sandra D. said...

Wow love the products my daughter would absolutely love it.

Eric Gamble said...

what a crazy and yet totally genius idea for those who love Halloween, Creepy things, or the macabre! I have never heard of Creepy Crate before but I am definitely going to recommend this to my friends here in New Orleans who love that part of the world!

Maysz said...

Wow I totally love this s Spooky & It's Creepy, Crate! Perfect for this coming holidays even though the Halloween is over I'm still love these creepy stuffs!

Rochelle said...

This is a really cool crate, I think the scarf looks good and can be dressed up or down

Our Redonkulous Life said...

I love the Elvira ornament. I would love to add her to my tree. I have never heard of creepy crate. I might have to check them out.

bye:myself said...

I'm usually not that much into this creepy and scary stuff, but this box has some truly fun stuff in it - awesome!

Zoƫ said...

It looks like you get a lot in your box! I would definitely recommend this to someone who is passionate about Halloween!

acupofassamtea said...

Such spooky and Halloween inspired products. Love the packaging too.

Mohamed said...

Really creepy! But those should still be in use, right? Halloween might be over but the holidays are still coming.

Hooda said...

I love all things creepy and this stuff really looks so cool :)

Cristina Petrini said...


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a great idea I love the boxes and this is witchy at the right point for me!

Lorita said...

These are cool! Love the stuffs inside!

monicazyoung said...

I love all creepy things, I might need to try this subscription box

The Super Mom Life said...

I've never heard of a creepy crate before. I know someone who would love to get this as a gift!

Laura - Laura's Lovely Blog said...

Wow, I've never come across a creepy subscription before, it's rather cool and a bit different. I can't decide if I love or hare the scarf (arachnophobe here). But this would be a fab alternative gift for someone.

Melanie said...

Ooo this is a new brand to me and this all looks very cool for sure. how fab xx

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Such a great idea as all the items in the crate is so fun and unique. I love the spider themed scarf and the shot glasses

Lisa said...

What a fun creepy crate to receive. I’d like to try the skeleton cookie cutter and scarf. This is a unique bundle.

Maria said...

Creative idea, although I stay away from everything creepy, is somehow disturbing my emotions.

Cynthia | What A Girl Eats said...

My oldest love spooky movies and my husband loves halloween. I'll have to keep this in mind for next year.

Catherine said...

Looks like such a fun bundle for those who love Halloween! Love the glasses too..so many great goodies!

Fatima D Torres said...

This is a great addition to my subscription box memberships. I love the uniqueness of this one.

Anonymous said...

Oh ow! Creepy Crate looks like a great subscription box! I love everything horror �� I need to check this out soon.

Thanks
Everything Enchanting

J Renee W said...

The book "We Keep the Dead Close" sounds really good and creepy.

Sharklady71 said...

This crate is perfect for the fall, especially Halloween!

Maryann D. said...

I have not heard of the Creepy Crate before this, but what a terrific idea. This would be a perfect gift for my daughter.
twinkle at optonline dot net