Sunday, November 22, 2020

Grade School Reads with Candlewick Press!

 

One of my favorite gifts to give a young child is a good book, they help expand the mind and the imagination. I still have some of my childhood favorites and my kids have picked up my love of reading as well which is why we are always so excited to get the chance to receive and review new books with Candlewick Press. Today I wanted to share some of their awesome books with you! 

All of the books I am sharing with you today are great for children in grade school, they are all easy readers that include lovely illustrations and help keep your child's attention by keeping the books short and sweet. 


Dandelion's Dream (Retail $16.99) - There are no words in this book, the story is portrayed in images letting your imagination fill in the rest. In this story a dandelion turns into a real lion and does on an adventure before turning back into a flower. This was a cute and quick flip through book, I think it would be best suited for Kindergarten/First grade reader levels, since there are no words you could encourage your child to tell their own story while reading it with them and asking them questions about what the lion is doing on his adventure.



Creature Features (Retail $17.99) - This is a book that I had fun looking through because of the fun and colorful illustrations showcasing different creatures and the things they have in common such as scales, excellent ears and more. This is a fun way to show children the differences yet similarities that animals have with one another, plus there are a lot of neat animals features that you might not know about.



Alba and the Ocean Cleanup (Retail $16.99) - This way this story starts out reminds me a bit of the Little Mermaid, Alba is a fish who loves collecting lost items that drift to the bottom of the ocean. Every year for her birthday she goes out to find a new object to add to the collection, until one year she finds that it is hard to find something due to the amount of trash around here. This is a great book that showcases how the use of single use plastics, and trash impacts our oceans and that we need to start making changes to help the ocean life thrive. 



What's that noise? (Retail $16.99) - Magnus the seal is awoken one morning and hears a strange rumbling sound, unsure of what the noise is he sets out on an adventure to try and find the noise. Along the way he runs into some friends who agree to help figure out what the noise is as they can hear it to. After a fun adventure and wandering around for a while, Magnus and his friends realize where the noise is coming from. It is coming from Magnus himself! He is so hungry his stomach is making a choir of noises. 

My green day: 10 green things I can do today (Retail $7.99) - This is another great book that helps you think about the things you can do to improve the amount of waste being produced on a daily basis, and small ways you can change your routine to live a Greener life. Some of the examples they give are making a compost pile and owning your own chickens. I think this would be perfect for a class room to read during Earth Day. 


Houndsley and Catina at the Library (Retail $15.99) - This is a short chapter book about two friends and a day spent at the Library. This book is only three chapters long, but both characters are lovable and it is a fun story, it makes us want to read the rest of the series as well to see what else these two get up too on their adventures and daily lives. 

Fergus and Zeke & the field day challenge (Retail $14.99) - Have you ever wondered about the life of a classroom pet? This is a fun series about Fergus and Zeke who are mice that live in a class room, they love doing everything the kids do. On this particular day the mice find that it is too hard to do the same thing as the children so they spend the day creating their own field day that is perfect for two small mice to finish. This is a cute book showcasing how you can use your imagination and creativity to problem solve. 

Chick and Brain; Egg or Eyeball? (Retail $12.99) - This four chapter book is laid out like a comic book, it is easy and fun to follow along with while keeping you engaged. Brian found an object and isn't sure what it is, he thinks it is an eyeball but Chick and spot think it is an egg. The adventure to find out what the object is, is full of laughs and it has a surprising ending! (You'll have to read it to find out what it is.)

Dot goes fishing (Retail $14.99) - Dot is a fun series about a little girl named Dot along with her family and friends. In this particular book she sets out to go fishing with her dad, he usually comes home from fishing empty handed, but Dot has a plan to change that. Dot brings a high tech gadget along with them that is supposed to help locate where the fish are, but things don't work out quite as she planned. The device is eaten by one of the fish and they have to rely on her dads "old school" fishing equipment to get it back. 

Don't worry, Little Crab (Retail $17.99) - Little crab is about to go on a big trip, little crab along with very big crab are going to adventure from their home in the tide pools to the big open ocean. Once they reach the edge of the tide pools Little Crab isn't sure if they are ready to leave yet. With some gentle help and reminder that they are not alone on this adventure Little Crab finally makes it out to the big ocean and they absolutely love it. 

Baby Clown (Retail $16.99) - Baby clown always seemed to be a sad little clown, he was always crying and no one could figure out why. All day long he would sit and cry until one day they put him in a show, he loved being the center of attention and enjoyed the crowd cheering for him. Being in the show made it to where he no longer felt sad, and he no longer cried, from that day forward he enjoyed putting on a fun show. 

Candlewick Press offers all of these wonderful reads along with hundreds of other titles perfect for all ages. Shipping is always fast and the books arrive in perfect condition, my children and I love reading their books and seeing what they have to offer. 


Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Candlewick Press for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

18 comments:

Renee said...

My kids would love these books! Especially the one with the fish!

siennylovesdrawing said...

thanks so much for sharing this list of books, gonna check out each so can add on to my little niece's reading corner at home :D cheers, siennylovesdrawing

Kenneth said...

i wish all kids loves books,,nowadays kids would have a smartphone or tablets to either learn or play with it rather than a book...its really a different generation

Krista said...

I used to love reading books like this when I was a child. These ones all look amazing!

Cyndi Buchanan said...

Beautiful books! My kids love books about animals and nature.

Zhade said...

These books are beautiful! My kids love reading and would really enjoy these.

Mila R said...

These are exactly what I was searching for. Great books.

Georgina said...

My kids would have loved this set of books! I can imagine their faces light up if I read "What's that Noise" to them

Fatima D Torres said...

These are great reads for the kids. I love reading with our little ones.

Seyi said...

Thanks a lot for these. My big sis will find 'em handy for her kids.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the books are so so cute! I am crazy about the illustrations! absolutely adorable, I am sure kids love it too

Hooda said...

Those little books are so cute. I a not a kid but I would love to read them too :)

Mary said...

The stories and illustrations are so cute! I like the idea of the child making up the story from illustrations in the dandelion book.

bye:myself said...

This is such a brilliant idea - and so inspiring for the little ones.

Merveille said...

What a beautiful list! I have been looking into children's book for my nieces and nephews and these are just great. It's even hard to have a favorite. Thanks for sharing this list, but I can say that My Green Day is on the top of my list.,

Our Redonkulous Life said...

I have never heard of Candlewick Press, but they got some cute books for the little ones. Absolutely adore!

Blair Villanueva said...

I noticed that these children's' books are very colorful and seems much fun to read. Even myself will enjoyed reading them (before giving to my nieces!).

Jona Shares said...

First time to see these books. Very cool, Surely kids will definitely love to read this too!