Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Creepy Crate April/May Box Review!

My favorite time of the year is slowly making it's way towards us, that time of the year is Halloween time! I love seeing all of the spooky décor and products in the store, the smell of pumpkin spice floating through the air and the cooler weather are some of my favorite things. If you love the Halloween season too and are looking for a way to add a little bit of the spooky feeling to your life during the rest of the year than the Creepy Crate is for you and for all of the Horror movie loves out there.

Creepy Crate is a True Crime/Horror subscription box that ships out on a bi-monthly basis. Each box could contain clothing, pins, accessories, house goods, books and more that is based on either a true crime such as the zodiac killer or on a horror movie such as Friday the 13th. You can purchase a three box subscription for $120 or a six box subscription for $240. (Single boxes are $40)



The April/May crate had several products that I highly enjoyed! One of the products in the crate is a coffee mug, however my brain can't quite place which Horror related movie or show it is from and it isn't on the sheet telling you what was included in your crate. If you have a guess please leave it in the comments below.


Also found inside of the box is a book called "The Beetle" by Richard marsh, this is a recently re-released new edition of the 1897 classic. I sadly hadn't heard of this book until now, and it sounds fantastically thrilling so I am very much looking forward to cuddling up on the sofa and reading this adventure. The kids of horror button pack features Charlie from Hereditary, Damien from The Omen, Gage from Pet Sematary and Regan from The Exorcist which is a nice collection of characters and movies. The button pack is a lot of fun, and they can be pinned onto bags, clothing, and more to show off your love of your favorite movies. The Cthulhu sticker included is also creepy, powerful and draws your attention to it, the sticker is about the size of my palm and seems well made.


Finally there is a pair of "Do you love me?" socks that feature a Voodoo doll. There are a one size fits all knee high sock, I've always had pretty muscular legs so knee high socks have always been a hit or miss for me, these fit although they are just slightly tight at the top so I wear them a little lower than you normally would. As an added bonus the crate came with a digital copy of the boom "The Monster Novels" by Robert R. McCammon. 


Overall I was quite pleased with this crate and I highly enjoy the fact that their crates not only come with collectables, wearables and home goods but they also come with books. Plus I love how the product packaging looks, you can spot the creepy crate right away when you pull up to your house after work or answer the door when it gets dropped off.

Disclaimer- Creepy Crate provided a box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

40 comments:

SarahWithASmile said...

Creepy Crate sounds like it's the perfect treat to add more spook to ones life during the Halloween season. I'm too much of a scardy cat for it, but I'm sure others will enjoy it.

Stephanie said...

Very interesting box! I've never heard of this box before. I definitely know a few people who would love this box. The kids of horror button pack was definitely creepy, lol. And I love that they included socks. :)

Stephanie S.

Renee said...

Oh my gosh I've always loved Beetlejuice! I would absolutely love getting this.

Renee said...

Oh my! I absolutely love Beetlejuice. I would love getting this gift

MaryO said...

I'm hearing of this type of box for the first time. No surprises anyway because I'm easily spooked out. They really look awesome though.

Tracy @ Cleland Clan said...

My friend Christy would love this box. I may have to get her a box for her birthday.

The Happy Mommie said...

This sounds like a perfect Halloween gift ! thanks for the idea

PD said...

Never heard about a crime/horror themed subscription box. What a cool gift idea, and the perfect time now to subscribe.

Alyssa said...

I'm a horror junkie so this subscription box looks great for me! I love that tumbler. Is this the only true crime-themed subscription?

Lene said...

What a fantastic subscription box! I already know two people who'd love it. Definitely keeping this bookmarked for the holidays.

Sonia Seivwright said...

Halloween is literally around the corner. OMG. Thanks for sharing, i like your ideas

Sujata Chaudhury said...

This is so coo?do they ship to India?

Britt K said...

Ok, how did I not know that this was a thing? I am a Halloween ADDICT. In fact, there is a banner in my living room that hangs above the television and says 'Everyday is Halloween'. I seriously love all things Halloween. I definitely need to look into this and whether they ship to Canada!

Luna Moon said...

As far as I am aware this is the only one for actual products, however there is also a subscription company or two that sends out crime solving kits. The only thing with those is you have to subscribe for the whole year to get all the info you need to figure out the crime which really adds up money wise.

Our Redonkulous Life said...

I want those pins! How have I never heard of Creepy Crate. I am definitely going to sign up!

Knycx Journeying said...

So much fun and excitement to these unboxing. ~ and you are very much ready for the festivity. Please share with us more in the future - Knycx Journeying

A Chat With Kat said...

I'm sure it's super fun opening this subscription box! I'd never heard of it before, so this was a very interesting write-up. Thanks for giving us the inside view!

Blair Villanueva said...

Aww this is a lovely creepy box. Would be a nice Halloween gift for my nephew :)

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

awesome box! I love it, esp the buttons. I am such a Halloween kid, always up for it

Subhashish Roy said...

The box is just out of the ordinary and I loved it.Great way to celebrate Halloween.The book Beetle would be interesting.Also the "Do you love me?" socks that features a Voodoo doll.

Mike A. said...

That Buzzin tumbler really is a mystery. If you ever find out the answer, lemme know!

Priya P said...

It seems interesting!! I will share it with my sister.

Angelica Chacon said...

This is perfect for Halloween! My boyfriend and I wanted to subscribe to something of this sort come Halloween so we definitely will be looking into it! Thank you for your review!

South Asian Skin said...

I’ve never heard of this box before but I’m a sucker for subscription boxes! I’ll definitely have to keep this one in mind!

Rayka | South Asian Skin Blog
www.southasianskin.com

Anne said...

Oh wow! Interesting subscription box. Love the idea of creepy crate. I’m not a fan of horror tho but this is really cute !

Chloé Arnold said...

What a unique subscription box! This makes me so excited for the fall!!

Agnes Dela Cruz said...

I love subscription boxes! The black tumbler looks perfect for an afternoon coffee by the patio at sunset. :)

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I had never heard of the Creepy Crate Box subscription before, but it sounds like it is perfect for Halloween/horror fans out there. It isn't for me, but I know a couple friends who would certainly enjoy it. Thanks for the gift ideas!

bn100 said...

looks fun

luminous said...

Eek! Way to creepy for me - but fun for the kids ;)

TRIPPER2365 said...

This looks so cool I have never heard of them till now .

Edye Nicole said...

looks super spooky!

mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

Stella said...

This is such a cool idea for a gift! I love everything in that box and will definitely check out the book. I haven't heard of it either.

xxEdraxx said...

This really looks so cool I would really love to surprise my friend on her next birthday

J Renee W said...

The Voodoo Doll socks are great, would love those!

Maryann D. said...

My daughter would love Creepy Crate! This is a perfect gift for her and she would enjoy everything.
twinkle at optonline dot net

Unknown said...

Love spooky items! Always loved Hallwe'en time!! I just love this amazing giveaway! Thanks for the chance!!

Lisa said...

This is so cool!

Sandra D. said...

My daughter would love this will have to look into it.

laurie nykaza said...

My kids would love it so cute love the buttons too.