Monday, August 17, 2020

Camp in comfort with the Arizona GT 7/8 tent by NTK Global.

My family and I love being able to camp when ever we can, just before the lockdown for Covid happened we went on a family trip to the lake for a weekend of camping. On our camping trip we brought our new Arizona GT 7/8 Family Camping Tent by NTK Global. This tent retails for $349.99


Usually when we camp we have two tents that we set up, one for the kids and one for us which can be a lot of work because who wants to put together and take down two separate tents? Plus my car doesn't offer a ton of room for camping equipment so it is nice to cut back on the equipment a little.

The Arizona GT 7/8 is large enough to fit two double mattresses + two singles, or a queen mattress and two singles. Honestly you could probably mix and match depending on how many people you are planning to have in the tent, when we went on the camping trip at the lake our kids slept in the RV with their grandparents which left the tent for my husband and I. We had a queen sized mattress in the tent and still had a ton of room, we could easily fit one queen size mattress on each side of the tent with room in the middle and sides still.


The image above shows our tent set up with our queen sized mattress placed in the corner, the tent almost makes the mattress look tiny in comparison to how much space is still open. A big issue with a lot of tents is once they are set up and you put the air mattress or sleeping bags in there isn't a ton of room to move around, in our old tent once we had the air mattress all set up there wasn't a ton of room between us and the roof which made getting changed difficult. This tent is 6.2FT tall in the middle section, both my husband and I are under six foot tall so once we are through the door we can completely stand up in this tent without any issues! I am only 5'5" so my head doesn't even hit the roof when I am standing, which makes moving around, getting dressed, unpacking/packing everything a breeze.


A big tent means it is a pain in the butt to set up right? Wrong! This tent is actually fairly easy to set up and it doesn't take long to get the tent up, put the tarp on and get the cover to the door up (takes ten minutes or less to do everything). Taking it down is pretty simple as well, but like with most tents the worst part is getting it back into the bag it came in, I always seem to have an issue with getting any tent I've ever owned to fold up just right to fit back into the bag properly. With a little help from my husband I can get this into the bag and zipped up, and I will tell you that this bag is large and actually a bit heavy. If you have a generator or decide to stay at a camping location with electrical hook ups, it is nice to bring a fan/heater which means running a cord into your tent. With this tent instead of having to leave the door unzipped a bit to run a cord into, it has a small zippered flap in the bottom of one of the corners to make running a cord into the tent easier. (As you can see in our backyard camping photo above, we had an extension cord in the tent with a fan and a radio on).

Need space to put your glasses, phone, flashlight, etc while you are sleeping without setting them on the ground to be possibly stepped on? No worries, this tent has two mesh pockets in the corner of the tent along with a hanging mesh hammock at the top of the tent for your smaller items. The mesh hammock in the middle of the inside of the tent also has a hook to hang your light on to make it easier to see at night.

The tent has two doors (one on each end of the tent) along with windows on both sides of the tent, it comes with a waterproof cover to put over it and it has a little gray mat (Seen in the first photo)  that comes with it for outside of the door. The windows on the side do not have zippers instead the fabric rolls up and it has little plastic hooks that hold onto it. The tent comes with several orange ropes to hold the tent up and in place, you don't have to use these the tent stays up just fine without them however your tent might not extend out it's full amount. Adding the orange ropes to the tent and securing them to the ground helps add an extra few inches on the length of the tent and helps open up the inside of the tent.

Covid has made it to where we haven't had a chance to go out and go camping, but earlier in the summer before the heat struck we set up the tent in our backyard for a night of smores, board games and sleeping outdoors. Which was nice because we had an actual bathroom near by for when we needed to go.

We are pretty happy with this tent, and we look forward to using it for years to come because it seems well built and very sturdy. NTK Global has tents of various sizes to fit all of your personal and family needs and they also sell a wide variety of other camping goods, I highly suggest taking a look at their site.

Do you enjoy camping? What are some of your favorite things about camping, or your favorite spots to camp?

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by NTK Global for review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

28 comments:

Melanie Edjourian said...

I'm sure setting up the tent in the garden would have been fun too. Who doesn't love smores and board games. Hopefully it won't be long before you can go camping elsewhere again.

Ashley said...

looks cozy, I wonder could I still fit my eggshell to lay on , in there!!

Nicole Anderson said...

This model of tent looks quite amazing for the sheer size and value. Love how easy it appears to set up, take down and pack away. Just perfect for the average family. I would like to look at getting one for ourselves.

Dipika said...

Woah! This is luxurious and comfy looking camping. I love to stay outdoors during our adventures, will save this for future travel plans.

siennylovesdrawing said...

thanks for sharing this camping story as I do miss my camping time years ago. Wish to resume my camping trips soon. cheers, siennylovesdrawing

Stella said...

This seems like a great tent! I must admit I have never been camping in a tent! It's something I really, really want to try. And with a tent like this!

Stephanie said...

This tent looks wonderful, and very spacious as well. My girls want me to set our tent up in the backyard, lol. Great review.

Stephanie S

MaryO said...

I have never gone camping, my nephew does all the time. This tent looks very spacious and comfy.

Oscar said...

I wish I had those equipment so I could travel and camp as well. How much does it cost you?

Luna Moon said...

Hi! This option is $349.99 however they have smaller (and larger) versions available for various prices, some as low as $99.

Marjie Mare said...

Camping always intimidates me and I have never forced myself to do so. This tent looks very spacious and comfortable, maybe if I have it, I could push myself.

Karen at My Path To Travel said...

Thank looks like a great tent. Just looking at the photos sends a tingle down my back and makes me want to go camping again. Thanks for sharing.

Theinsightmedia.com said...

i can't remember the going to camp again... the last one was bad experience i lost a friend in the process. but camp can bring people together

Melanie said...

Ooo not been camping for years. Looks like a great tent with lots of space and cosy too x

Surabhi said...

Wow this looks cool. I've never experienced staying in a tent like that.

Thuy-Linh Phan said...

I've always loved big luxurious tents. When I would go camping with my family we would need all the space we could get (I'm the oldest of five!)

Monidipa said...

I had always loved big tents, but with your camping story I miss my camping days!

Blair Villanueva said...

I haven't experienced camping yet, but it will be possible as soon as we are allowed to travel again. After all, Australia is the best place for camping.

Anne said...

Wow! Love this! I always wanted to try camping even in the backyard ? Hehe. This looks fab , like that it’s big but easy to set up.

Fransic Verso said...

True, too much work doing two tents haha. This one looks big. We have never been to camping trips before.

A Chat With Kat said...

Wow, this tent looks amazing and spacious! I love how it is quite simple to set up, sparing you a lot of hassle.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I miss camping right now so much! This looks like a fantastic tent to pick up for next summer though. I'll have to check out the other sizes and see which one fits my needs the best.

Marta said...

That tent looks amazing and confy.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the tent looks lovely. I totally miss proper camping myself

Britt K said...

That looks like a nice large tent! Right now, it's just my husband and I with our 2 dogs. That being said, we've been talking about expanding the family. If we do, I'll definitely keep this tent in mind!

Suanlian Tangpua said...

What a beautiful tent! I would love to purchase for the children. Thanks for the review.

Smita said...

Honestly reading about this tent reminded me of the large tents in Harry Potter! This one sounds amazing - to be able to completely stand up in is awesome. And so many details - the pockets for small stuff, option for an electrical cord, everything is so unique.

Luna Moon said...

I would love to have one of the tents in Harry Potter! Wouldn't it be amazing to have an entire house inside of what looks like a small tent?