Friday, March 6, 2020

Craving Ribs? Check out Frasher's Smokehouse in Phoenix.


My husband and I are both fans of BBQ Ribs and we have looked around for restaurants near us that offer ribs, however we didn't have much luck finding a place that had ribs that we enjoyed. That was until now! This past Sunday my family drove over to visit a restaurant called Frasher's Smokehouse, which we came to realize we've driven past it dozens of times on our way to the zoo, we just never had the chance to stop in and check it out. They are located at 3222 East Indian School Road Phoenix,Arizona 85018. As soon as we popped out of our car we could smell the delicious smoked BBQ smell coming from the restaurant.


When you enter the restaurant you are greeted and they have a menu on full display or you could use a paper copy if you prefer (note, the paper copy doesn't have all of their food listed, I'd go with the signs behind the counter). You can place your order at the front, find a seat and they will deliver your food to your table or if you prefer to eat at home you can place your order to go. Along with their food selection they also have a full bar, the signature cocktail sounded pretty good however this time around we skipped ordering from the bar as we went in for a midday lunch. When we arrived there were a few other tables occupied otherwise we seem to have gotten in right before what seemed like the lunch rush. After looking at the menu and placing our order we were handed our cups and directed towards the drinks, they let us know that they had soda options but they also had a few house made options such as tea, lemonade and fruit punch. I am a big fan of lemonade so naturally that is what I choose, my husband and daughter decided to try the fruit punch and my son went with some soda.

I enjoyed the lemonade, it wasn't overly sweet but it wasn't bitter either it was just right, but once I tasted the fruit punch I was really blown away and the next time we visit that will be my go to drink.


So what did we end up ordering? My kids decided to try out their pepperoni pizza (which has been featured on the Food Network!), my husband selected the ribs with a side of garlic mashed potatoes and baked beans, I decided to go with the two meat combo of pulled pork and turkey with a side of coleslaw and green chili mac n cheese. We were also able to try their cornbread and the gooey butter cake. When I ordered the pulled pork I was asked if I'd like it with a bun or a side of toast, having the option to select the bread was nice.

It didn't take long until our freshly made pizza and order were delivered to the table. Before trying out the main courses we all tried some of the corn bread and Oh was it good! Their corn bread has a type of honey glaze on it which is delicious and really adds a kick to the cornbread. My husband is a big cornbread guy and he can be pretty critical when it comes to it but he didn't have anything negative to say about this cornbread.


My husband and I each shared a small piece of the pizza the kids ordered and can see why it was featured on the Food Network, it was delicious! The thin crust pizza was cooked just right and the way they added the toppings made it to where there wasn't any pepperonis falling off while you were trying to eat.

The ribs & pulled pork were so good and packed full of flavor! I was surprised at the quality of meat and that I didn't find any fatty pieces in my food. One of the biggest perks I found was that you decide on how much BBQ sauce you want on your food, they have a counter with bottles of BBQ sauce in three flavors that you can bring to your table and dispense as you please. The sweet was pretty tasty! The turkey was juicy and well cooked, tasty as it was I preferred the pulled pork.



How were the sides? My husband and I both tested out all four of the sides to see which we liked best out of what we choose. The clear winner was the garlic mashed potatoes, they were creamy and had just the right amount of garlic. The other three sides we were both one sided on, the baked beans had pulled pork in it which I thought added an extra element to it and an extra flavor kick however my husband didn't like the addition of the pulled pork. My husband doesn't like coleslaw in general so he wasn't a big fan, I thought the level of mayo was just right however I would have liked slightly more seasoning or flavor added to it, and the green chili mac and cheese had a light taste with a bit of a kick from the green chili but it wasn't overpowering.


Last but not lease was dessert, the gooey butter cake was pretty sweet. It was quite delicious, but we only each had two or three bites and saved the rest for later in the day. The gooey butter cake is a combination of yellow cake, cheesecake and a delicious sauce, if you stop in I highly suggest trying some in restaurant or take some home. The amount of food we received was enough to satisfy us for lunch and we had enough left over to take home for dinner. I think their prices are affordable especially with the amount of food you are given.

Customer service was excellent if we had any questions all we needed to do was ask, and the other customers were taken care of promptly as well. While we were eating we heard some of the regulars talking about which sides they had during their prior visit and which they wanted to order this time around. The restaurant itself has a cozy, welcoming feeling, although I found it a little dark (there are no windows along the sides or in the back) inside, but over all I enjoyed the atmosphere. The bathrooms were also quite clean and I thought the sink was really cute. On the way out of the bathroom I saw photos of Taylor Swift hanging up in the hallway from when she visited the restaurant, so if you are a fan of hers you can say you ate at the same place she did. All of us enjoyed Frasher's and we are planning on going back again for lunch.


Disclaimer- We were provided lunch by Frasher's Smokehouse for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

33 comments:

John Smith said...

I was thrilled to see this blog post yesterday, because I have relatives who arrived in Phoenix on the same day, so I called them and encouraged them to try this place! We'll see if they go--I hope they do, because that cake and pizza look incredible!

Simmon D. said...

This place looks amazing, that pulled pork looks so good. I need to try this place out, I am near this spot.

Cyndi Buchanan said...

I wish I had known about this place when I was in Phoenix. Looks amazing!

Maria Blake said...

Those ribs look pretty delicious and the mashed potatoes sound amazing as well. I am usually not down in that area of Phoenix often but the next time I am my family will stop to grab a bite to eat here.

Serena said...

Oh my days! I no longer eat red meat, but this looks good! Looks like you had a pleasurable time their too! Thanks for this!

Lisa said...

I’m seriously craving ribs now after reading this!! We don’t have Frashers where I am, which is a real shame. It looks incredible delicious!

Unknown said...

We have amazing smoked chicken and smoked turkey! You should come down and check it out!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the glowing review. We enjoyed having you. Feel free to come check us out. We also cater for your special event!

Raksha Solopassport said...

Thanks a lot for this review. Even though I am not a meat eater, I am sure this will be tempting for any meat lovers.

The Super Mom Life said...

This is the type of restaurant that we would love to go to. If we're ever in the area, we will definitely stop in.

Dianne Gansatao said...

Thank you for sharing this. I would love to visit a place like this!

kumamonjeng said...

I love ribs and this place seems to be a perfect place for it. Love the dessert range too.

indra k said...

Seems to be a wonderful place for fun outing with family. I will like to visit and taste some delicacies.

Fransic Verso said...

This is really nice restaurants. They have good food choices and would love to visit it.

Luna Moon said...

I am glad I could help provide a great place to eat while they are in town, I hope they visit and enjoy the food!

Luna Moon said...

It was pretty amazing, Next time I go I am going to try the spicy sauce.

ankit said...

Thanks for sharing this.

Unknown said...

As a family, sometimes it's tricky finding a restaurant that everyone can enjoy. This BBQ place looks like it has it all. Thanks for sharing.

Martin said...

This place looks amazing... As a British person I love American Food and BBQ is one of the foods i would dies for!! This place looks amazing.

Ashley R said...

I just love BBQ. Brisket is my jam. It’s always comforting when I get BBQ and they have Mac and cheese as a side. I love the barrel as the sink!!

Marjie Mare said...

Can I say I want to have some right now. Who can say no to such a delicious meal, my mouth is drooling.

Luna Moon said...

Right? I can't wait to go back.

Luna Moon said...

I think I am going to try the Brisket the next time we go! And I agree I thought the bathroom was pretty cute.

Luna Moon said...

I agree! My daughter is the picky picky one so it was nice they had something for all of us.

Nancy P said...

Looks very delicious.

siennylovesdrawing said...

ohh my....so so tempting delicious, after reading your sharing here with the food photos, am now craving hungry
cheers,siennylovesdrawing

bn100 said...

looks tasty

Edye Nicole said...

sounds like a cool place!

mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

aisasami said...

I miss eating BBQ ribs! that was my favorite meal when I lived in the States. However, BBQ is slowly getting popular here in Japan. It is predicted to be the next food craze.

Rhea Mendezona said...

My goodness! Everything looks so good, saving this for when we make the trip to Phoenix 😊

LILLIAN BROWN said...

Making me hungry, I like Ribs and these sound delicious

J Renee W said...

That looks like some great food!

onayna said...

I felt like I was with you , the way you described every part it's just so goood, for a sec I thought i was reading A novel, and the food was just fascinating!!