Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Smile with Charlie Chaplin!



Candlewick Press is always impressing me with the wide range of subjects their books cover and they've done it yet again with a book called "Smile: How young Charlie Chaplin taught the World to laugh (and cry)" which as you could guess is about Charlie Chaplin.



Okay so I have to admit I don't believe I have ever watched a full Charlie Chaplin film, but I've seen bits and pieces plus growing up I heard his name mentioned often. This is a neat book that talks about his up bringing, how he got started and more. The book much like the man himself will put a smile on your face as you follow his life through out the forty-eight page book. The back of the book also includes additional facts about him, which was neat to read and learn about. The illustrations in this book are quite interesting, they use more of the dark tones and the images aren't super detailed but it still captures the imagination and takes you back to another time. This book retails for $17.99



Do you know who Charlie Chaplin is, and have you ever watched any of his films?


Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by CandleWick Press for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned about Charlie Chaplin when I was in primary school. My teacher was a big fan of his work.

Ashli Ferguson said...

I know who he is but I have never watched any of his films! Idk why!

Zoƫ said...

I never really thought about Charlie Chaplin too much, I don't think I would appreciate the films he was in although he was amazing.

Cendu said...

I know of him but haven't actually sat through a whole film. I've seen bits here and there growing up.

Sanjota Purohit said...

Charlie Chaplin is my favorite. He can bring smile on anybody's face with just action! You can see some of his videos in Youtube :)

Anagha said...

Yes, I had his short clips and videos. I used to watch it with my younger brother.

Ana said...

I have never watched any of his movies! But My grandma had Charlie Chaplin's poster in her living room when I was a kid and she introduced me to him!

Old Tom said...

Yes and Yes, he was born in the UK so he’s one of our own. He was a genius.

Eliz Frank said...

Yes, Charlie Chaplin was from a different era but beloved by many beyond that period. I remember seeing some of his old films in my teen years. He was one of Dad's favorites too.

Juanita said...

I have never seen any of Charlie Chaplin's films before, but have definitely heard of him. I learned about him many years ago in school.

Neil Alvin Nicerio said...

Chaplin themed book. :) I would love to have that for myself. :)

aisasami said...

I know who Charlie Chaplin is but I don't know if oyu 3 years old students would understand this book.

Jenn ➳ onehoppymomma.com said...

Yes! My grandmother loved him and we would watch together. It’s amazing how he could tell a story through just his movements.

Thuy said...

I love the illustration style. My younger sister would like this book

beautyfoodymom said...

this seems like a cute little book!

Khan said...

interesting to read this

Yonnah M said...

I’ve actually never heard of Charlie Chaplin, but the books look really interesting.

Pujarini said...

CCharlie Chaplin was my favorite character while I was growing up. His films are gold.

Everything on a plate said...

Charlie Chaplin! brought back so many memories!

Mod L Photography said...

Great recommendation for a kids' book. I love Charlie Chaplin. Will have to check this out.

Merrimack Valley Real Estate said...

I love the artwork for the cover of this book.