Thursday, April 11, 2019

A Cookie, A Bear and their hats!


This morning I have two fun and adorable books that both happen to have something to do with a hat! My children and I all highly enjoy both of these books and are happy to add them to our bookshelf.



By Laura Dockrill. For Ages 3-7, Retails for $16.99



This book starts off with the character interacting with you, when the book is opened it is acting as the sunrise which awakens the character from their sleep and starts them off on their day. The character is a cute little cookie who is in a grumpy mood and doesn't want to be bugged, but as you turn the pages he figures he might as well let you know why he is grumpy. After a long day including a bad hair cut, a hat that fits too small, the dinner being out of ice cream and more he comes to realize that everything isn't quite as bad as he thinks it is. At the end he is very happy you stuck around with him during his entire day and story about what happened and it helps cheer him up. 

I personally love the illustration in this book, everything is bright, crisp and attention grabbing. Plus all of the food walking around and talking is pretty cute as well. I think a lot of people can relate to this book because a lot of us have woken up grumpy which can negatively affect our day even if everything isn't as bad as we think it is. 

By Jon Klassen. For Ages 2-5, Retails for $8.99


This cute book follows a bear who is on a journey to find his lost hat. I think the thing I love most about this book is how polite and patient the bear is while asking all of the different animals if they have seen his hat. My husband and I have always worked on teaching our children how to be polite, they ask please when asking for things and say "No, thank you" or "Yes, Please" when answering others. In this book the bear always makes sure to say "Ok. Thank you anyway." when the animals tell him no, they haven't seen his hat. I really enjoyed and appreciated that!  During his journey he was even sweet enough to help out an animal or two when they needed it. So does he end up finding his hat? You'll have to read the book to find out. The book was originally released as a hardcover book, but they recently released it as a board book as well. It is the perfect size for little hands to hold onto and tucks into a purse, bag, or backpack very easily so you can take it with you on trips.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by CandleWick Press for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

23 comments:

Toni Taylor said...

Kids will love this. It makes interesting to read. Thank you for sharing this.

Financeoholic said...

Thanks for the insight into these books. Never heard of them before.

https://www.positivityofmind.com/your-habit-determines-how-far-you-go/habit/12/04/2019/ said...

lovely books will be good for my kids

https://www.positivityofmind.com/your-habit-determines-how-far-you-go/habit/12/04/2019/

Anonymous said...

I would imagine that kids will love both of these books. The illustrations are fantastic in both! I think I need to write a kids book!

Jerry godinho said...

Thanks for bringing these books to my attention. I will show them to my daughter. Keep up the good work.

Despite Pain said...

Those books look fantastic. I can imagine most young children enjoying them. (I'd also like to taste that vanilla sundae!)

Melody said...

These look like great books. I work in a daycare/preschool and I think these would make nice additions to some of the classrooms. Thanks for your review.

Travelwisesr said...

Such interesting and cute. Loved reading the stories and it brought a smile.

Ashley | One Journey Away said...

Love how colourful the graphics are in the first book!

Snehal said...

Sounds so much for kids. Thinking of gifting the angry cookie book to my lil cousin. :)

clio said...

I love children's books, they are so bright and sweet and perky. I particularly like the style of the second book, essential but somehow poetic

Joyce Osiango said...

I find kids books hilarious. When I read kids book to my friend's daughter, I most of the time find myself giggling and she always wonder why I'm so happy . She loves DID YOU TAKE THE B FROM MY _OOK? http://www.thecozyme.com

Sonia Seivwright said...

I'm on a look out for these books.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the book is uber cute! I am sure kids are crazy about that. the illustrations are so adorable!

Erica Webster-Russell said...

The Angry Cookie… I’m the kind of person who would buy that book just based on the title! It’s so cute. Lol. I can’t wait for the day my buddy has little ones, because I’ve got a list of things to buy the munchkin, and this book just made that list!

Elizabeth said...

This is lovely, i love a good childrens book with adorable illustrations. A Good childrens book is tougher to come by these days, they are all so generic!
Elizabeth | Tired Mom Supermom

Live Learn Better said...

The illustrations in the book is so appealing and inviting. Thank you for sharing, and will look into getting one for my kids.

Debra Roberts said...

I concur; the illustrations are the best! With 3 little grands, I'm always looking for little gifts to take when I visit.

Jack Olsen said...

I think my daughter would like the Angry cookie book.

Christi Green said...

My grandson will love these! Thanks for the review-illustrations are important to me too when choosing books.

Stephanie LaPlante said...

I think these books sound really cute. I've never heard of them before but the one reminds me of a story I read when I was little girl.

Basia said...

My daughter has 'I want my hat back', the hardcover version. I was really surprised by the ending. The other books looks great, I love the illustrations

MarksvilleandMe said...

The Angry cookie is very colorful. I think my grand children will like this one.