Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Parragon Book Buddies Review!

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by for the review free of charge.****

What time is it? Mail Time! I love that time of the month when I hear a knock at my door and open it to be greeting by a big brown box with a large purple sticker that reads "PaRragon" because it means that my monthly Book Buddies box has arrived. Each month I receive a box of either books or activity books for my kids to enjoy and review on my blog. What was in the May box? See below to find out and read a bit about each one.



Disney Moana Choose Your Destiny & Moana Born to Voyage; I have actually received both of these books for review in the past and they are both fun interactive books. Each one not only has many of the lovable characters from the story but there are also fun activities, stickers and more plus each one comes with a free Disney digital storybook.

Justice League Magical Story; This is a hard cover story book that features a embossed tin cover image that sits into the front cover. The book is 32 pages long and goes over the adventure of the Justice League protecting the world from being enslaved by the alien conqueror Starro. The story is good and will keep your child's attention and the artwork is well drawn.

4000 Stickers Under The Sea; This is a thick sticker and activity book that includes 4000 sea creature stickers, most of them are small square stickers but there are large sea creature shaped stickers as well. This book has mazes, finish filling in pages, connect the dot and more.



Doodle and Draw, Spots, Stripes and Squiggles; Out of the activity books I received is the best one for small kids, the images are large enough to color in that it makes it easy for your child to stay within the lines and it gives your child easy tasks to do such as coloring by dot color, finishing patterns and more. I like the thickness of the cover to this book, it feels like it is pretty sturdy and would be good for taking to a doctors appointment or on a road trip.

Smiley, Crazy, Happy; This is a fun Emoticon inspired sticker activity book, it offers dozens of stickers that feature different emoticons and no I did not see any poop emojis. This book is very phone oriented, it shows screen shots of texts that it asks you to translate into the proper emoji. It offers a lot of different activities and it has a ton of stickers included.

Know Your Knots; This unique and educational activity kit is great for both boys and girls of all ages, even adults will be able to find this quite useful. The kit comes with two different sized ropes, one is a bit thicker than the other and it also has a book that teaches you how to master various knots and tells you how to use them. In total I counted 16 different knots in the book and they have it separated into three sections: Multipurpose knots, Life-support knots and Boating knots.

Professor Murphy's Marble Mania; This is our favorite item in this months Book Buddies box. It comes with a bag of marbles, card board game pieces and a book showing you how to set each game up and it explains the rules. You can play a maze, pinball or many other games! Want to see the Pinball game? Stop by my Instagram page I will be adding a short clip of it in action.


12 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks like a fun book program.

Stephanie LaPlante said...

These sound like a lot of fun. My little cousins would love it.

Edye Nicole said...

These books look so cool!

mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

Chelsea M said...

The activity books look nice

Unknown said...

These look like things that my girls would enjoy.

Sandhra John said...

Wow.. I definitely wish this was there in India too.. My kid would have loved it..

Marta A said...

Marble Mania looks SO cool

Gwendolyn Jordan said...

looks great

J Renee W said...

I want Know Your Knots for myself. This looks like such a great book program!

Unknown said...

My cousins are OBSESSED with moana (and stickers!) Would be perfect for them!!!

Unknown said...

My kids would love this.

Marta A said...

There's a huge variety! Couldn't be better