My family & I are always looking for fun adventures and new spots to visit. We've done several cave tours, so when I saw we had a cave here in Arizona, where you can also eat dinner inside of the cave, we knew we wanted to visit. They have longer tours, or short tours that can be combined with a meal inside of the cave itself which sits a little past two hundred feet underground. We did the short tour & dinner combo which ran about $70 a person. They are located at Mile Marer 115 Route 66 Peach Springs, AZ 86434
The cave tour itself was fun, our guide was friendly, chatty and knew a lot of fun facts about the cave including how it was found, and that they've hosted events inside of the cave in the past. Overall, the tour lasted about fifteen minutes from start to finish, then anyone who had food reservations breaks off from the group at the end. There is a small wooden deck inside of the cave which hosts a few tables and a small server's area.
We had ordered the steak, potato/broccoli dinner and my daughter had picked out the chicken dinner. I wasn't expecting an extravagant five-star dinner in a cave, but I was a little surprised when they did bring our food to us. The steak was a bit burned, the broccoli was cold and there were no toppings aside from butter packets or sour cream packs for the potato. I am not sure if it was because we were one of the last two groups of the night, so maybe the team was in a rush to go home. The other table inside of the cave with us was quite mad about their meals, as they arrived the same as ours, so they refused to eat it and asked for a refund.
If I were passing by again, I might stop to do the longer tour, but I would not get the meal added on with it again as it was a bit of a disappointment. However, I can say being in the cave itself was peaceful. Aside from the other group dinning and our sever, there were no other people in the cave so it was very quiet. Cell phones of course did not work that far underground, but if you really wanted to be on your phone they had wifi you could hook up too or just enjoy a conversation with your group.
Is eating lunch or dinner in a cave 200+ underground a activity you would enjoy doing??
💗This post is not sponsored. I love sharing awesome new spots I find with my readers!





No comments:
Post a Comment