Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Explore OceanXperience at the AZ Science Center!

 


One of the things we love about our local science center is that the third floor has a featured exhibit that changes every eight months or so & it is always fun to explore together as a family. The current featured exhibit is called OceanXperience where you can experience a replica of the most advanced research and filmmaking vessel in the world. Sometimes the featured exhibits require an extra ticket along with a ticket into the science center, however this exhibit is included with the cost of a normal admission to the science center. Today I will be sharing some of our experience with you along with some sneak peek photos of what you'll be able to see in this exhibit. 

When you arrive to the exhibit you will be given an interactive wrist band & asked to register it to one of three missions. We chose to do the Hammerhead shark mission! You will be given a map to follow along with that will take you to the various stations that match up with your mission. Along the way you will scan your bracelet at different stations and complete tasks while learning about the ocean animal you selected for your mission. 


We were lucky & there weren't a ton of people inside of the exhibit when we entered so we were able to walk up to each station and complete our tasks without waiting in line. They had some pretty cool interactive stations that showed how they track sharks, what type of research they do on them and more. All of the stations are great for any age! 


If you take your time reading through the information at each station and completing them as you go, then you will spend anywhere from thirty to forty-five minutes in this exhibit. After we completed our mission, we also walked over to check out a few of the other stations just to see what they were about. It was a lot of fun being able to explore this with my kids, we have a great time completing our mission. 

Summer is quickly approaching & the weather is already starting to warm up so this will be a great spot to stop and beat the heat with your kids. When we stop by the science center, we always like starting on the third floor at the featured exhibit and working our way down to the first floor visiting all of our favorite stops along the way. There is also a theater, a planetarium inside of the science center, that you can visit! 

🚢 Does this sound like an exhibit that you & your family would enjoy? What sea creatures would you love to learn about?

🌵 If you live in Arizona check out the "Things to do in Arizona" section of my blog to find entertainment, restaurants, vacation spots & more. (Click on the name or locate it on the right-hand side of my page).

Disclaimer- The skills studio mentioned above was provided by The Arizona Science Center for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

21 comments:

Beth said...

This looks like an amazing place to learn about the ocean. I think my kids would have a blast there.

Lavanda Michelle said...

The interactive wristband and mission concept sound like a blast, and I love that it's included with regular admission.

Chad said...

The place is soooo cool...I love going with the kids to Science centers, they're so much fun.

Tammy said...

How incredibly cool! I love learning about the deep sea...fascinating place. I wish I lived closer!

Tammy said...

I love science rooms. My son and I used to go to them a lot when he was younger.

Sue-Tanya said...

This blog post offers an exciting glimpse into the OceanXperience exhibit at the local science center, highlighting the opportunity for families to embark on an immersive journey of exploration and discovery. The inclusion of sneak peek photos adds to the anticipation, inviting readers to join in on the adventure. The accessibility of the exhibit, included with regular admission to the science center, makes it even more enticing for visitors of all ages. Overall, a captivating preview that promises an engaging and educational experience for anyone curious about the wonders of the ocean.






Jen said...

My SIL lives in the Phoenix area, so I'll share with her your post on the Arizona Science Center! My nephew would enjoy it.

Hari writes said...

I love the AZ science center and this exibit is super interesting. Got to visit the place pretty soon!

Anonymous said...

I love how interactive everything is! This would be a wonderful experience for anyone to try! Thanks for sharing! -AJ

Yeah Lifestyle said...

This sounds great. I love taking the kids to interactive exhibitions, they learn so much and get a lot of enjoyment from it. I will have to see if any of our local museums are doing anything similar.

Jupiter Hadley said...

This looks like a great place to take kids to have fun and learn! We love places with interactive exhibitions in our family too.

Melanie E said...

The ocean explorer exhibits sounds like a great place to go with the kids so they can learn about the ocean. It helps kids learn so much better when learning is made fun!

rhian westbury said...

What an interesting sounding exhibition. I don't go to science museums a lot as I don't have kids to drag along but this sounds good for everyone x

Samantha Donnelly said...

I do love visiting places like tjis mt kids loved science and would have great fun at somewhere like this. Great for those visiting the area

melissa cushing said...

This is so cool and I would love to take my daughter here if I was closer! It looks like a fun and educational experience!

Dana Vitolo said...

This Ocean Experience exhibit at the AZ Science Center looks really cool. This is something my family would love to see.

Lou said...

This looks like such a great Science Center. My youngest would absolutely love to visit :)

Marysa said...

What a cool place to explore! I wish there were more places around these near me to take my girls. It is neat to see so many engaging exhibits.

Sue-Tanya said...

The OceanXperience exhibit at the AZ Science Center seems incredibly fascinating. It's definitely something my family would be thrilled to explore.







Celebrate Woman said...

This is quite a post, with beautiful pictures and your narrative. Really, you took us with you on a little expedition.

Anonymous said...

It looks like an amazing experience over there. I can take my nephew there. He will love to spend time there.