Monday, November 13, 2017

Ripley's Believe It or Not Hollywood, CA Review!

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. The products mentioned below have been provided by Ripley's Believe It or Not Hollywood, CA for the review free of charge.**

Ever since I was a kid I've always loved Ripley's Believe It or Not! I used to watch the shows and every year when my school held it's book fair the first book I'd be sure to pick up was the newest Ripleys book. Although I have been to Hollywood once and in California several times I've never been able to visit the Hollywood Ripley's Odditorium or any of their other locations and it is something I have always wanted to do. I am happy to say I was finally able to visit their Odditorium! I've worked with Ripley on several occasions reviewing their newest books but this time I was offered a chance to visit their attraction in person while I was on my honeymoon.



We took off early in the morning from our home and drove to California straight for Ripleys, it was a pleasant drive and Ripley's was easy to find. For those going to visit it should be noted Ripley's is located on Hollywood Boulevard and does not have a parking lot/structure of it's own so you will need to pay one of the parking lots to park for the day but it wasn't too bad and we got there early enough there was still plenty of parking. When we arrived there were only a few other people there which was nice because it pretty much gave us the place to ourselves. 

 

I knew that Ripley's was set up like a typical museum where they have different rooms with a variety of interesting, creepy and fascinating things on display but what I didn't realize was that it was packed full of interactive spots. They had things you could open, buttons you could push, a shooting gallery where you could shot at real movie props and once you hit them they would do different things, they had dance screens and more! Even the bathrooms had interactions but I won't spoil the surprise and tell you what is in them. 

 

                 

The Ripley's Hollywood Odditorium is two stories and is set up so you can easily navigate everything, you start off in a small room on the first floor then descend down a flight of stairs to explore downstairs before being lead back up the other side of the stairs to explore the other rooms upstairs. The stairs themselves are interactive as well, each step is a piano key so it makes all kinds of sounds as you are going up and down. The whole thing took about an hour without many people around so we were able to stop and look at each thing we wanted, we had a lot of fun at the Odditorium and I am very happy I was finally able to visit. If you are in the area and want to check out other attractions they also have a wax museum across the street, you can buy a ticket just for Ripleys or buy a VIP pass for $36 which gets you into both attractions. 





2 comments:

Terra Heck said...

I'd love to visit one of the Ripley's attractions someday. That kind of stuff interests me. I have several Ripley books from throughout the years.

Unknown said...

Lucky! I want to visit this place as well