Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Phoenix Comi-Con



It has always been a goal of mine to attend a Comi-Con, but let me tell you I wasn't as prepared as I should have been. First always remember to head to big events early it always helps you beat the traffic & beat the crowd plus it is always nice to get a head start on the day. The Phoenix Comi-con was beyond packed two escalators stopped working due to the sheer mass of people, the only thing I don't like about big events is people tend to push & shove when they are wanting to get somewhere.



After getting our passes & heading into the main hall things cleared out a bit and there were dozens of shops/booths to check out. There were both from big sellers and from local artists along with all the booths for the visiting TV starts,Comic book writers & more some were freely out & about for everyone to chat with and others had set times for signing autographs & for photo ops all scheduled times were posted at their assigned booths which made it easy to plan your day the info was also available on their website. Next year I will have to remember to bring more cash than I had on hand, Photo OPS cost anywhere from $20-$80 depending on who you are taking a photo with & autographs are $30 each. Needless to say I didn't get any photos or autographs instead I explored the store booths we found quite a few goodies that my husband & I liked. If you are looking for a certain character I would suggest going to day one or day two otherwise the more popular character items such as paintings,sketches,ect sell out fast. There were tons of creative & exciting costumes everything from Flash Gordon to Batman & The Joker. I plan to attend again next year,having better knowledge of how everything works I will be much more prepared for next years event and I will be dressing up as well. While we were there we bought an awesome painting of Night Crawler which I will share with you in a separate post.

                          

I found there was a nice mixture of guests who were attending this years Phoenix Comi-Con, some of the guests included Laurie Holden,Chandler Riggs,& Micheal Rooker from The Walking Dead, Sam Witwer from Being Human to Dean Cain who has played Superman & hosted Ripley's believe it or not. I look forward to seeing who attends next year & next year I have set a goal of trying to attend both the Phoenix Comi-con & the San Diego Comi-con.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i love Comi-cons

Stephanie LaPlante said...

I'm so totally jealous. I love those actors.

June M. said...

I love the Marvel Comics and really love X-Men and Wolverine :)

Anonymous said...

I really like Superman. I will see any movie with superheros.

Amanda S

kolpin said...

i've never been to comic-on before, but would love to go. hopefully they'll make a non-cheesy version of Wonder woman someday!

Unknown said...

My favorite superhero is batman. Can't wait for the next movie!

rounder9834 @yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I have never been to a Comic Con. But! I have been to a Anime Con!!!

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to go to Comi-Con...especially if the Walking Dead cast would be there....I'm jealous..

barkergirl33 said...

Lucky!!! :) Going to on a Comi-con is on my bucket/wish list. It sounds crazy but worth it. Thanks for posting about it-I'm glad you got to go! :) ~Raine~