Wednesday, June 14, 2023

10 Activity kits under $25 for Summer!

 


Most schools have let out for the summer or are about to finish, so you might be on the hunt for some activities to help keep your kids not only entertained but also help keep their minds engaged as well. My kids and I love doing craft & activity kits together, it helps occupy days when we might not have as much going on. Depending on what kind of kit you get, it can also be educational. Over the last few years I have worked along side Horizon Group USA reviewing some of the kits they sell across their various lines & I wanted to put together a list of our top ten favorites for you to check out this summer. None of these are in any particular order & I've included links to the full reviews for you to check out. Click on the name of the kit below to be taken to the full review of that kit which will include more photos and information.

1. The Young Scientist Club - Top Secret Spy Science.  - This kit is packed with fun small activities for your kids to do while hunting for clues to solve a secret spy mystery. It is currently on Amazon for $19.99, it is recommended for kids ages 8+


2. Sand Dough Handprint Stone - When the weather is nice, it is great to spend some time outside in a garden or area you like to relax in. With this kit you can make a stone with the imprint of your child's hand on it. You can even make one a year & show case your children growing. This can be purchased on Amazon for $8. 

3. Nature Adventure Pack - This is another great kit that has a lot of small activities for kids to do that are aimed out for getting your child to enjoy nature related games and crafts. This is currently listed on Amazon for $17.12 and is recommended for kids ages 14+. 

4. Rainbow Loom Bracelet Kit - This kit is fun for both adults and children. There are several different bracelet styles you can make with this in any color combination of your choosing. You can keep the pieces you make or share them with loved ones. This is currently listed on Amazon for $16.99 and is recommended for ages 7+. 

5. STMT Jewlery Making Kit - This collection of kits can be found on amazon for under $25. They have a few different jewelry making kits that have everything you need to create several pieces of jewelry. 

6. Tie-dye Kits - This is a kit from their Just My Style line, there are several different kits to choose from that range in price and colors. You can dye anything from hats to clothing and even purses to suit your style. 

7. DIY Candle Making Kit - Create your own candles from the scent, to color and even the label on it. This comes with everything you need to make two candles. This is currently on Amazon for $16.99 and is for ages 8+.

8. Extreme Fossil Dig - Fun for all gem & stone collectors or anyone wanting to start a collection. It comes with a large dig block which contains an assortment of gems and fossils. It can be purchased for $19.99 on Amazon & is great for ages 8+.

9. Dinosaur Sensory Bin - This is a fun one that can be re-used over and over again. The play sand is fun to squish, pull apart and shape. You can also add in other figures, add additional sand or different stones to spice up this set each time your child plays with it. It can be purchased on Amazon for $14.99 and is great for ages 3+

10. STMT Design art studio - The assortment of art supplies in this carrying case are quite nice & great for all ages. This set comes with brush markers, paints, gel pens, oil pastels, brushes, a paint palette, and more. I always loved sets like this when I was a kid, so I enjoy being able to buy my kids similar kits now that have higher quality materials in them. This set can be purchase for $24.99 and can be used for a number of projects and activities. 

What kind of crafts or hands on activities do you enjoy doing with your kids???

**For past reviews I was gifted the kits mentioned in the reviews. This specific post is not sponsored nor was I gifted anything for it, this is just a list I put together of our favorite kits we've previously received from Horizon Group USA.**

22 comments:

Laura said...

These are some really fun kits. Definitely lots of great activities to keep kids busy!

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Luckily, we have a shop nearby that sells a lot of activities like this and they are pretty cheap. Great ideas to keep the little ones busy!

Marie Cris Angeles said...

Wow! So many kits for summer my niece would love this for sure. But I personally pick this Rainbow Loom Bracelet Kit for myself.

Anonymous said...

These look great! The kids would enjoy all these activity kits, the prices are reasonable, and the quality looks good. Stephanie

Melanie Edjourian said...

These kits sound great for kids to keep them entertained over the summer. My son lovely anything creative so would really enjoy these.

alita said...

Such a great way to spend time with the kids. I need these kits!

Beth said...

Wow, this is what we need for summer! SO amny kits to choose from. Thank you

Lisa said...

There are some great ideas for summer here. It’s not easy to keep the kids busy during the holidays. And the price is fantastic too, it will make parents happy!

Chad said...

I can't wait for summer to start, I have a ton of plans that I can't wait to start to enjoy...Great ideas, thank you so much.

Marysa said...

Great way to stay busy and have everything you need to do some projects. My kids have always enjoyed doing tie dye!

Crystal Carder said...

These look like great projects for the kids to try this summer. My kids love stuff like this!

Anonymous said...

These are great activity kits perfect for entertaining the kids over the summer. I'll have to get a few for my kids. Elizabeth Williams

mail4rosey said...

I have done the rainbow looms. That is a great way to spend time with the kids.

Samantha Donnelly said...

We always loved arts and crafts nnd loved trying new things to make

Ivan Jose said...

These activity kits all look exciting! My kids will enjoy playing with these. I like to buy one for myself as well. Haha.

rhian westbury said...

What cool activity kits to keep the kids occupied. I've never done tye die before so I'd love to give that a try x

Ckrusch said...

Such great options for kids this summer! Checking them out for my grandkids!

Maria Azanha said...

As a mother to a very quickly bored 4 year old- these tips are amazing. And recently we have been on a budget so it really comes in very very handy! Thank you for sharing!

Lesa said...

Like this list. The dinosaur sensory bin is perfect for my nephew he loves dinosaur.

April said...

So many great ideas for kids to do! I can't wait to try some of them with my son. Everything looks so fun!

Sonia Seivwright said...

Wow, this design art studio set sounds fantastic! My daughter will love this. The assortment of art supplies seems perfect for all ages and includes many materials like brush markers, paints, gel pens, oil pastels, brushes, and a paint palette. It's great to hear that you enjoyed similar sets when you were a kid, and now you can buy your kids higher-quality materials. This set can be used for so many different projects and activities.

Marysa said...

So many awesome activities! I have always struggled to figure out things to do when there is bad weather or down time. Great kits!