Monday, June 19, 2023

Ready Player 1 Games Arcade in Glendale,AZ!


Over the weekend we went to check out a comic book shop that also has a retro arcade attached to it & I can tell it is going to be a spot that we visit quite often. If you live near the Phoenix/Glendale area then you should check it out too! It is called Ready Player 1 Games & it is located inside of Jesse James Comics located at 5140 W. Peoria Ave Suite 100 Glendale, AZ 85302. Both sides of the store are worth checking out, there are a ton of comics, collectibles, cards and more to see & purchase. If you get hungry or thirsty they have drinks & snacks available for purchase and there is also a bathroom at the back of the store.

The arcade portion of it ended up being a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be, there were a ton of games to choose from. There were pinball machines, shooter games, fighting games, a air hockey table, old school games like Mario, Donkey Kong, Tetris and more. The arcade was clean, felt safe and almost every game was in working order - there was only one game that was turned off & only one game that gave us an issue with not working properly. The photos I've shown here only have a small portion of the games they had available, there isn't enough room on this page to post as many photos as it would take to show you everything in the store. 


How much is it to play? Every game varies on price, the most expensive is $1.00 per play which is mostly the claw machines and one of the arcade games. The others range in price from $0.25 for the older arcade games to $0.75 on newer games. When we arrived I brought a bag with $40 in quarters with me, we spent about two hours here between playing games and looking around the store and I still had about $6 in quarters by the time the four of us were ready to head home for the day. It was a blast playing the different games & seeing the kids have a great time as well. It was a bonus that I kicked both my husbands & daughters butts at Soulcalibur , I also had a lot of fun playing old school Mario brothers as it has been quite some time since I last played that. My kids had fun playing familiar games & getting to play older games they've never been able to play such as the Simpsons game they had.

The arcade side also has several areas where you can purchase collectibles & you'll also find them in display cases along side the games, on top of the games, etc. this spot is packed with collectibles and nostalgia. We all spotted several things we wanted to pick up and also quite a few things we didn't even know existed, so that part of it was pretty excellent as well. You could spend quite some time just looking at the collectibles, there are so many that every time you look you will find something you didn't notice before. Prices on the collectables vary, I've been to quite a few comic shops along with conventions and have to say that everything in their store has a pretty fair price. 

Before we left we explored the comic book side a little, along side the comics you'll also find some more collectibles, clothing and a card section in the back which has player mats, Pokémon cards, decals & more. The only thing I didn't really see that they had advertised on their sign were board games, as big board game players we enjoy looking for new games to pick up. The staff are friendly & will answer any questions you have or help you out if needed otherwise they will let you be. We really enjoyed this spot & we look forward to going back, it is a great way to spend some time while beating the summer heat. 

You can find a reel that shows more of this arcade by clicking HERE to see the video I put up.

Do you enjoy arcades? What is your favorite arcade game or what type of games do you enjoy playing?

If you live in Arizona or plan on visiting click on this link  "Things to do in Arizona!" or type it into the search bar to find travel destinations, restaurants, & more that are fun to explore.

22 comments:

Beth said...

This looks amazing! I used to love going to the arcade when I was a kid, and this brings back so many memories while updating a classic hangout. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Wow - this place looks amazing! I love the nostalgia and cool vibes! Around us, there’s a retro pinball arcade that’s a big hit, too. I’ll have to check this out next time I’m in the area.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

This doesn't look like your typical arcade - seems like there is more for the kids to do (and me!). I loved arcades as a kid and if I'm ever in the area this is one the family will go to! Stephanie

Gervin Khan said...

Wow! This is such a classic and awesome store! It has so many vintage games and pin ball! My kind of store to visit! Loved it!

Chad said...

A japanese arcade opened in my city recently, my kids can't get enough of it. Actually, it is so much fun for the entire family lol...

Lisa said...

I remember going to these arcades when I was younger. The games look like great fun and they’re quite classic ones too! The cost is perfect too.

Monidipa said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Ready Player 1 Games Arcade in Glendale, AZ! Your vivid descriptions of the arcade's atmosphere and the wide range of games available make me eager to visit and relive the nostalgic gaming experience. Thanks for sharing this exciting recommendation!

Barbie Ritzman said...

This place seems like a lot of fun. It reminds me of somewhere that Sheldon from Big Bang Theory would enjoy.

Cinny said...

This looks like so much fun! It doesn’t seem too expensive to play either.

Nahashon Kyalo said...

Wow, I wish this was closer to me as my area doesn't have enough Arcade spots. I'm confident both my sons would love it.

mail4rosey said...

When my mom would go grocery shopping, we'd sit at the table Pacman in the store and play. It was awesome. Still my favorite game.

Fransic Verso said...

This is cool place and something worth going to. You got some cool pictures of this place.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Oh my goodness. This looks like an amazing arcade. My kids would so love to visit somewhere like this!

Lesa said...

I would love to visit this comic book shop just for the retro arcade. These games are bring back sweet memories. So cool!

MELANIE E said...

I love the sound of this place. So many really fun games for kids to play. I know mine would love going there.

Marie Cris Angeles said...

I loved going to the arcade when I was a teenager age, used to play there the whole day. I wish I can go back to that age so I can play again.

Tammy said...

Oh my this has brought back lots of memories...arcades were SO popular when I was kid! Looks like a ton of fun...reminds me of Stranger Things :D

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Hhhmmm...I am not such a big fan of arcade games. I do play them when I do. This one shall be a good one to try out!

Laura said...

What a cool place! We would love exploring here. I love places that are a little crowded with "stuff" like this.

Jupiter Hadley said...

I love seeing pinball machines! This seems like a really cool place to play and shop at.

Samantha Donnelly said...

You rarely see games arcades like this anymore, I used to love playing a game of pinball

rhian westbury said...

I love arcades like this, the games are so much fun to play. And to be honest between four people I don't think your spend was too bad at all. We recently went to one and spent £10 between two of us in about ten minutes and could easily have spent so much x