Monday, June 12, 2023

Nimalia - Build the best animal reserve!

 

When you are in the mood to play a board game, but want something short then a card based game can be the way to go. We recently received one of the newest games to the Lucky Duck collection called Nimalia which can be purchased for $20. In this game you'll try to build a better animal reserve than your opponents while gaining the most points completing similar goals. 

It is recommended for ages 10+, The game is simple to understand, quick to learn & setting everything up only takes a minute or two. This game can be played by up to four people and each game will last between 25-30 minutes so it is one you can play if you are short on time but still want to get a game in. The box is also the perfect size to bring with on a road trip or vacation for when you have a bit of down time in your hotel room. The cards are lovely, they are bright and the animals are easy to tell apart from one another. The guide book has the rules for each goal laid out to where it is simple to understand and doesn't take long to locate.

Each game will consist of five rounds that each have three phases before the round is over. When playing a game, you'll lay down four different goals however not all of them are used at once. There is a small token & a card that will help show you which goals are in play for each round. Completing these goals will help you gain points to race the other opponents to the most points. There are only fifty spots on the track so once you reach fifty you will lay down a small "50+" token to show your actual total, and on the other side is a "100+". So far non of us have managed to get over 100 points, but we will work towards that as we play more. 

The first card you play will be laid down as normal, then every card after that will need to have at least one square that gets placed over an already existing square in your reserve. You can not go past a 6x6 layout & you are also not allowed to tuck a new card under an old one so you will need to be paying attention to how you are laying your cards down. On our first game because of the way we put cards down none of us completely filled a 6x6 grid, but on the second one of the goals gave you bonus points for having a complete 4x4,5x5 or 6x6 grid so we all worked on that and ended up with a full reserve. We are all enjoying playing this, so far I haven't quite won a round, but I will get there! This is a great family game that would make a excellent addition to your personal collection. I will put up a short video on my Instagram showing how easy the game is to play!

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Lucky Duck Games for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

18 comments:

Yeah Lifestyle said...

This looks like a fun game, I much prefer having an afternoon of games like this to them sat in front of the TV!

Laura said...

This game looks so cool! Something different and fun, my kids would love it.

alita said...

What a fun game. Its a great way to spark interest from the kids about animals.

Beth said...

I would love to learn more about the gameplay and try it myself. It looks fun.

heather klein said...

Sounds like a super fun game for kids to play. The animal illustrations on the cards are beautiful

Zab Zaria said...

The kids will be very interested to learn about the animals if they see this. Thanks for sharing this!

Nicole Bertrand Photography said...

We just whipped out a card game with the kids last night! This game looks so cute, I guess I'll add it to our summer rotation.

Tammy said...

Looks like a perfect mix of fun and education which is so important for those developing minds.

DJ_Stph said...

I'd love my nephews to try some new games and this one is a must try!

Chad said...

This seems super super cool! I know my two kids would love it, I will get it for them. Thank you for the recos.

The Mommy-Files said...

This looks like such a fun game! I would love to check it out with my family! Thanks for sharing.

Shannon Gurnee said...

This looks like such a fun game! I would love to play it with my family.

Barbie Ritzman said...

Love the game fun with family. And one with the animals sounds like a lot of fun!

Celebrate Woman said...

What a great way to play a game and enjoy the cards, the beautiful paintings and drawings.

Nikki Wayne said...

The whole family would absolutely love this awesome and fun game! Thanks for sharing this with us

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Nnnniiccceeeee...it is such a pretty game, with all the cards relatively easy to piece together. Thanks for sharing about it. Will get myself a board of it.

Clarice said...

This looks like fun. My family is into board games and I think the kids will enjoy this. Thank you for sharing. Will check this out.

May said...

Oooh, we have something like this here! I loved playing this sort of games with my kids when they were younger. I wonder if they'll still have as much fun with it now if we play it again.