Friday, October 19, 2012

Dollar General Review







Quite a few of you many live near or have been to a Dollar General store,but did you know they have their own store brand diapers that are much cheaper compared to competitor prices? I was recently invited to review their new line of affordable diapers along with a coupon booklet.



Want to know how the prices compare? A pack of DG Baby Diapers - 86ct costs $13 while a pack of Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers - 86ct costs $19.65 Saving you almost $7 on a pack of diapers you could buy you extra wipes or other needed baby items with the money you would save. Yes the price is great but how do they stand up to name brands such as Huggies? Since my son hasn't arrived yet and my daughter doesn't use diapers I tested this diaper out by holding it under a running faucet to see how much water it could hold, Surprisingly it held together better than I thought like many others I was a little wary of how the dollar generals diapers would hold,but they held a large amount of water without any leaks or tearing of the diaper. Once I poured out the excess water I poured into the diaper I shook it above the sink to see if it would leak/drip it has a drip or two come off but over all the diaper held the moisture, My husband suggested that I try to "rip" the diaper when wet to see if it would fall apart from them running around,getting changed ect but I was unable to tear the diaper in two. I think these diapers are wonderful & the prices are even better design wise the diapers have pictures of adorable baby animals which would make any child smile, If you haven't been to a Dollar General yet I suggest heading to their website to see if there is one near you, You never know what you might find by visiting the store.****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.Products were Provided by Dollar General through the Mom Bloggers Club for the Review  free of charge****

No comments: