Sunday, January 22, 2023

Tidal Blades Banner Festival; Board Game Review!

 

Lucky Duck Games has yet again provided us with another instant favorite for our board games shelf. This family friendly game was recently introduced to their game catalogue & it is perfect for 2-5 players ages 8+, the game is called Tidal Blades Banner Festival & can be purchased for $40 on the Lucky Duck website. The rules of the game are easy to follow, with all new games your first game might be slightly rocky as the group learns the flow of the game but after things will go pretty quickly. Setting up the game takes less than five minutes even if only one person puts everything together, bagging everything up to put away goes by just as quickly. So this game is perfect for when you just want a quick & fun game to play together as a family or player verses player. 

Every player will get to select which character race they'd like to play as & collect the pieces that match the race they selected. I personally love to play the pink cards as the character is a cute salamander/lizard woman. The game takes place out on the sea, so your moving piece is a little jet ski! My son realized right away that your finger can fit on the seat just right so you can really "ride" it around the board if you want. This is a strategy game; you'll want to make sure you are paying attention not only to your cards but how the pieces are moving around the board. The game board is split into four different sections that each have their own order of how card colors work & how you place your cards will affect what you'll be able to do each round. For the quality of game pieces, length spent playing this game and the number of playable pieces you get I think the price point of this is spot on. 

We have all started to figure out which is the best way to achieve what we'd like to do as closely as possible, however fate may play its hand preventing you from doing the move you wanted. The game is played in three main rounds of game play & each of the three rounds has eight turns you'll play to earn points in. Once all three rounds (24 turns) are completed the player with the most points after the final point collection is the winner. I like the game pieces you use in this, most of them are made from a thick wood which means the pieces are less likely to acquire dings, nicks, bends, etc. from use over time and the money pieces are made from a thicker cardboard. We also really like the little fruit game pieces; they are made from a squishy plastic. 

We have all really been enjoying playing this game it will also be fun to see how it works out when we do a player vs player game, all of our games so far have been with four players. Our game play is pretty close to what the box says which is thirty minutes per game, some of our games can last a little longer if we are also talking or the kids aren't completely paying attention to when they need to put down cards. I can't think of anything we would want to change about this game, everything fits together perfectly to create a smooth user-friendly experience.

Lucky Duck sells a wide range of games that are action packed & range from games for small children to adventure quest style games for those who love a game where you choose the adventure and get to play with detailed figures. If you want to see some of their other awesome games, check out their website by clicking the link either at the start or end of this post or you can type "Lucky Duck" into my blogs search bar to see the other games we've received from them. I also have a link on the right-hand side of my blog "Board Game Reviews" that will show you not only my Lucky Duck reviews, but many other games as well.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Lucky Duck Games for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

28 comments:

Maureen said...

What a fun board game! I love that it's user friendly as well as the board game pieces. I like that they are sturdy and colorful!

Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

Anonymous said...

Great review and information on the board game, Tidal Blades Banner Festival. I love learning about new and fun games to try!

Debbie - basichomediy

Stephanie said...

Another game from Lucky Ducks that looks awesome! We have some of their games already but this seems like one we would enjoy at my house, too.

Beth said...

This is so fun to play and its only 40 bucks? Its very reasonable.

colleen said...

Another board game that is fun. This is what I love about spending my time on the internet - discovering new games. I cannot wait to try it.

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Nnnniiccceeee...I think we should play this game as a family. It's been a while since we last played as a unit.

Lisa said...

We are always looking for new games to try. Definitely going to check this one out.

Heather Swanson said...

My grandson would love this game.

Chloe Arnold said...

So fun! My husband was raised in a family that played board games. I want to start playing more with our kids!

alita said...

I think it may take a few Bouts for me to become familiar with all of the rules. But I would love to try this board game.

Healing Oils said...

This looks like a lot of fun. I can see families have a lot of good times with this.

Kristy Bullard said...

My kids love playing games like this. It's something we also like to do with extended family when they visit.

Samantha Donnelly said...

I have not seen this game before, but it sounds like one my boys would have loved to play when they were younger

Sarah Stockley said...

This really does sound like a fun family game. I have been meaning to start setting up more games nights so will look into getting this.

Melanie Edjourian said...

Oh wow, that sounds like an interesting and fun game. It would work well on a family games night I'm sure.

Nyxie said...

This looks like so much fun! My husband and I love board games, so I'll have to nip on and see how much this is going for.

Becky, Cuddle Fairy said...

This game looks awesome! We were just talking bout getting some new boardgames, so this is the ideal timing.

Princess Q said...

I'm an avid fan of board games and this one looks fun and very interesting! Looking forward to try this out with friends! :)

Monidipa said...

I love board games and they are fun. And these are cool.

Annette, 3 Little Buttons said...

Tidal blades banner looks like a brilliant adventure board game. It reminds me of the type of adventure game you might play on a device, but this is even better as it's screen-free.

Chad said...

This seems like a fun board game, that is awesome! I love board games, I will check it for sure.

Kelly Bolen said...

Looks like a great game! I miss playing games with my kids! They need to start having grandbabies for me!

Marysa said...

This sounds quite interesting. I enjoy these kinds of games that involve a strategy.

Lasonia said...

This game would be perfect for family game night. I know my son would enjoy it.

Sonia Seivwright said...

What a fun game to play. I will it out right now.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

My family loves playing board games during the weekend and we are often looking for new games to play. The Tidal Blades Banner Festival board game sounds fun to play

Fransic Verso said...

This game looks so much fun and the characters look so cool. I would love to try this with my family.

Sasha Hirte said...

I love how colorful everything in this game is and it sounds fun too.