Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Harlem Globetrotters Live!

 


To be honest, I have never been a big fan of sports, however the Harlem Globetrotters is different when it comes to me wanting to watch them. They provide more than just a game of basketball, it is a show and a whole experience that is a lot of fun to see in person (or on TV). My great-grandma was a big fan of theirs and always watched them on TV so I remember seeing some of the crazy things they did as a kid watching it with her. My husband enjoys them as well & has always wanted to see them live so when I was provided with the chance to be able to take my husband and kids to see a live show, how could I say no?

The Harlem Globetrotters recently came to Arizona and played not one, but three different cities. We attended the game in downtown Phoenix at the Footprint Center. Getting into the center and into our seats went smoothly and both teams were out on the court practicing before the game so that everyone could watch. 

In total the show was about two hours long and the entire time you were either smiling, shouting with excitement or laughing at something that was going on. All of the players really put a lot into their performances and it showed, they all seemed like they were having a great time which in turn put the crowd into an even better mood. Some of the seats were court side and the players interacted with some of the members sitting in those seats which was fun to see, one of the husbands was drawn out to the floor to dance with a player and he was even swept up off his feet by the player. 


My family had a great time watching the crazy moves the players were able to pull off along with some of the silly scripted parts like Hammer giving his number out to a woman in the crowed then getting a phone call right after that was put onto speaker, who was calling? A bill collector trying to get him to pay a past due bill, and the whole time he was on the phone he was still playing ball. We also had a lot of fun watching both of the mascots they had come out and do performances, we especially loved Big G. It is an event I would happily attend again, and it is an event I would recommend to anyone looking for something new and exciting to go see even if you aren't a basketball fan.

Click HERE to see a highlight reel I put together of some action from the game.

Are you a fan of the Globetrotters? Have you ever been to a show in person?

Disclaimer- The Harlem Globetrotters provided four tickets to the show for the review  free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

34 comments:

Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly said...

As a New Yorker, I am pretty sure The Harlem Globetrotters can convert anyone into a basketball. They are so uplifting and a joy to watch!

Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly said...

*basketball fan* - that's what I get for typing fast when listening to music, LOL

bn100 said...

looks like fun

Maryann D. said...

Years ago, my daughter and her cousins went to see The Harlem Globetrotters. They had a great time and an experience they won't forget!
twinkle at optonline dot net

Shannon Shark said...

As kids, me and my husband loved watching the Globetrotters. Our boys loved them too when they were little. Although I'm not a huge basketball fan, there's just something about the Globetrotters that is so cool. The basketball tricks they do, and the way they have fun doing them.

Live Laugh Love said...

I don't think I have ever been to a basket ball game it's really not my thing growing up. My son isn't a basketball fan either.

monique s said...

i saw them when I was a kid. Such a fun show

Shirley OFlynn said...

It looks like a fun experience. I would really like to see the Harlem Globetrotters.

The Super Mom Life said...

Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to see the Harlem Globetrotters live! I bet the put on a great show!

Cristina Petrini said...


They also often come to Milan, but I never got to go and see them. I don't love basketball, but I think they are still a show!

Samantha Donnelly said...

I remember seeing them on tv years ago and would love to see them live, they really do know how to get a crowd going

Lavanda Michelle said...

I love the Harlem Globetrotters. I was able to see them live twice, but it's been over 20 years, lol. I need to show my girls.

Chad said...

That is so so cool. I've heard a lot of the harlem Globetrotters but never seen them live. I would love to see them one day.

Lisa said...

This would be fun to see in live. I don’t know much about basketball but would still enjoy this game, I’m sure!

Melanie Edjourian said...

That must have been great fun to watch. It helps when you see them having fun as it translates over to the audience too.

Melanie said...

Oh wow how cool is this! What a fun and high energy game to attend and an amazing experience for sure x

Risa Lopez said...

Wow, that was so cool! I would love to see them as well. Looks so fun.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

How wonderful to see the Harlem Globetrotters play in person! Must have been a fabulous experience for you

Christine H said...

It is hard to believe that I have never seen them when they have come to our area fairly often since I was young. They are so fun!

Bay City Amber said...

They are so awesome!! I got to see them in January and they really put on a performance!

Unknown said...

These tips are fantastic and I agree with them all!
~Paula Richie

Anonymous said...

How awesome! I am not a fan of basketball but my husband is! He would be thrilled to see Harlem Globetrotters in person ��.

Everything Enchanting ❤️

lilyk said...

This looks very fun, glad you had a good time!

J Renee W said...

It would be so much fun to see the Harlem Globetrotters!

Sandra D. said...

Would love to see them they are amazingly talented.

Chris L said...

Saw them when I was younger. Great show

Maryann D. said...

This would be a fun family day for me! Hoping one day to see them in NYC.

Rosanne Robinson said...

Their shows are very entertaining and so much fun!

Shirley OFlynn said...

It sounds like a very entertaining and fun show.

Sandhra John said...

Seems to be a fun day that you can spend with your family..

Live Laugh Love said...

Tara Enright
I don't think I have ever been to a basketball game in my life. Looks fun but basketball isn't my favorite type of sport to watch, but glad you had a great time.

Cairine said...

They are great fun for kids as well as adults.

billwinsbig said...

Got to see the Globetrotters in 1971 in the 8th grade!

Anonymous said...

never seen them in person, bu tloved to watch them on tv