Wednesday, September 15, 2021

August/September Creepy Crate!

 


The newest Creepy Crate has arrived and it is a throwback to the 90's. Creepy Crate is a Bi-Monthly Horror and True Crime themed subscription box. You can purchase a three box subscription for $120 or a Six box Subscription for $240. If you prefer to receive one box at a time they can be purchased for $40. The average retail value for each box they put together is $90, every box comes with a guarantee of getting one book plus 4-5 other goodies with it. The goodies you receive can range from clothing to household goods and more so you'll always be in for a surprise. The last few boxes I received had a collectable pin included so I was a little bummed there wasn't one in this months box. Ready to slash up what was in the newest box? 


The book included this time is by Charles Watcher and it is called "The Twin Paradox". The description of this book sounds interesting and reminds me slightly of a movie I watched on Netflix. The book is about a spot along the coast of Texas where time is acting in an odd way. Instead of moving along as it should ten years passes by every three minutes and it is up to a group of misfit teens to fix the problem. 

Also included is a E-copy of the book Almost Dark by Letita Trent.


Troll 2 Visor. I have never personally seen this movie but they describe it as one of the worst and funniest horror movies made which makes me want to watch it because I love campy horror movies that are fun to laugh along with. I don't wear hats or visors, but I have a friend who loves horror movies too so I will be passing this onto them.


The new version of Candyman film may be out in theatres, but this box wants to remind you of the original that came out in 1992 with a T-shirt. The T-shirt is pretty soft, and is made from a comfortable material which is always nice when a company doesn't pick out the cheap materials that are uncomfortable and stiff to wear. 


This coffee mug made me laugh, Dad jokes are always fantastic and I feel like this is a joke that a dad would make. The mug says "All messages will be returned in 7 days" which is a great cup for the office while paying homage to Ringu. 



"Kick him to hell" Hacky Sack with the face of Jeffery Dahmer. I remember when kids would kick hacky sacks around when I was in grade school, it looked like fun however I was never coordinated enough to kick it around myself. Maybe now I can practice my skills?

The next Creepy Crate box I believer is the October/November crate which I am excited to see if they do anything extra for Halloween. During October my husband and I watch a horror movie each night leading up to Halloween so my cup for this box will be joining me on the nights when I feel like making some hot cocoa. 

What is your favorite horror or movie based of a true crime?

Disclaimer- Creepy Crate provided a box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

24 comments:

John Smith said...

I want to see the new "Candyman" film. I've seen the original version, and that one was really good!

Stephanie said...

Oh this would be perfect for my brother-in-law, he loves this type of thing. I never heard of this subscription box before but it would make a great Christmas gift for him.

Anonymous said...

This looks like a really good box for true crime/ horror lovers, and the book sounds good x

Melanie Edjourian said...

That sounds like a great subscription box. I know someone that would really love this they do love their horrors.

Catherine said...

How fun is this?! What great box for the horror fans. I love throwbacks and vintage pieces.

Anonymous said...

Looks fun! Asia abplusjess@gmail.com

Melissa said...

This looks like a lot of fun. I love creepy stuff, this is something I need in my life.

Melanie said...

Oooo how fab is this. My other half would love this creepy kit - so perfect for the upcoming Halloween season x

TRIPPER2365 said...

Really like that coffee mug .

Heather Swanson said...

The Amityville Horror

Nkem said...

I have a friend who loves creepy things and she is very creative. I'm sure she would find this interesting.

Melissa Cushing said...

This sounds pretty cool and totally up my alley. I have loved a good scary movie since I was a kid and this subscription box sounds pretty cool ;)

Yeah Lifestyle said...

I can't believe Halloween is coming soon. Loving the look of the mug and visor. Can't wait to get ready fr creepy month heading our way.

Jupiter Hadley said...

What a cool box! I just saw the new Candyman - so that t-shirt is right up my alley.

wen budro said...

That is a crazy cool subscription box. Every item was so unusual.

Riyah Speaks said...

Wow this sounds like a cool subscription and it’s perfect for Halloween.

Shirley OFlynn said...

Wow, that's a great gift idea for horror fans. That t shirt is awesome!

Britt K said...

Okay, I am in love with ever detail in this creepy crate. I mean, I love all things Halloween, that's no surprise to anyone that knows me, but I would be ALL for this collection. Thanks for sharing!

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I didn't know the Creepy Crates had books in them! I think I need to subscribe to this myself. Subscription boxes like this would also make great gifts for friends and family, which may come in very handy this year too.

Nancy P said...

This book sounds fantastic.

Sandra D. said...

My daughter loves this stuff will have to check into it for her.

Live Laugh Love said...

The book looks really good actually. I need to start reading again it made me feel relaxed and my mind off things.

J Renee W said...

That Troll 2 visor is so cool!

Unknown said...

I would love to read the book. Like that genre.